|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th Wheel Hitch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
cmssorrell

Canal Winchester, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B&W Patriot is a great hitch.

Mark

2012 Avalanche 330 RE
2006 F350 Ford diesel dually
2007 Ultra Classic Harley Davidson

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

openroader01 wrote:

Hey everyone. New to the 5th wheel game. looking for opnions on hitches. Debating between a Valley 16k wrap around from a local hicth shop and a Husky 16K wrap jaw style the dealer is trying to promote. About $500 difference between the two. Was also looking at a Reese 16k until the guy at the shop advised me to stay away due to all the complaints and issues they have been having since Reese started making them in China. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Cheers everone.

$500 difference between local hitch shop $ dealer......let me guess, Dealer higher........RUN!
Husky & Valley are the same......Husky owns Valley.
I know pricing is higher in Canada but that 16K Husky (Valley) Double-Pivot Head is roughly $800 and rail kit is $111

16K Husky on sale

We FT have the 16K Husky.....the side to side pivot action sure is nice when truck/trailer are not sitting square. I like the visual tab that sticks out when jaw closes/locks......also very easy to look at jaw and see that it has wrapped around king pin.
Been using it for past 5 yrs......no problems.

openroader01

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the great info everyone. Actually messed up the price difference in my original post.Was 500$ more for the husky 16k slide jaw ,another 300$ for wrap jaw style. in the end 1250$ installed for the valley and 2100$ for the husky. Think I'll go the Valley way. with the difference I can still get a 5th wheel tailgate and still come in ahead. Don't think I would have gone wrong either way though. Thanks again everyone. Happy trails

Open Roader01 (aka: Trevor)
Edmonton, Ab
2008 F350 6.4L
2012 KZ Durango 296bh
Go Jets Go!!

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 01:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you planning on a slider hitch for a short bed truck? I did that for our first fiver, I was terrified of making any turns with it in the forward position for fear that it would hit the cab. Once i got used to it, I never moved it back again. My next hitch, for any length box, would not be a slider.

openroader01

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did go with the slider type. My truck is the short bed. Shop mentioned I may have gotten away without it as my box is alomost 7' but for a bit more money what the heck. Doesn't hurt I figure.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th Wheel Hitch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS