|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fordman and your Landmark Grand Canyon

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have owned two Mobile Suites and have pulled them both with a GM 3500 DRW's and were within all weight ratings. The 2011's and newer have no problem with the Mobile Suites.. Granted the Suites are all heavy due to the 15" Lippert frames and the 3 1/4" walls. But with Disk brakes there are no issues with stopping. The Landmark Augusta we owned was very light compared to the Suites.. The rating on our Suites is 18,500. We are below that. We also pulled with a Freightliner and the 2011 Chevy we owned handled the Suites over the same passes in Colorado as the Freightliner. However we used the Freightliner because we were towing a Chevy HHR behind the Suites.... Just be happy in what ever you buy if not get happy. Happy Trails.....

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

Ford Man

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never did hear back from you that the Landmark for 2013 does come with the remote control that operates the landing gear, awning, slide outs, and lights. So I am not going to miss out on anything!!

mobilcastle wrote:

Ford Man
Does your Landmark have this? If not what a thing to miss out on.

"Took my Montana in for some warranty work and when I went to pick it up there was a forklift parked in front so I couldn't hookup straight. I needed to hookup at about a 50 degree angle. Of course this usually involves opening the tailgate, backing partially into the kingpin, closing the gate, and then engaging the jaw. With this system (Montana come with a remote) I backed up, used the remote to raise the pinbox to clear the tailgate, backed up until I cleared the tailgate, then lowered the front to engage the jaw, and all from the drivers seat. Pretty neat."

speedster100

ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your wife likes the rear fireplace with no windows why don't you check out the Crossroads CF345RF Patriot/Provincial 5er's, they come pretty much loaded up with leather furniture and 2 and 5 year warranty etc...

We have been looking for quite a while, we just dealt our 2010 326MKS Cougar in on the Cruiser by Crossroads. There is a local Heartland dealer we have dealt with many times over 30yrs but we just didn't find a Heartland unit we really liked in any of their lines. The Landmarks were okay but too heavy for our truck and they are a big jump in dollars for what we seen as not that big of jump in value back. Our opinion of course, another local dealer who has Keystone products recently picked up the Crossroads line and when we looked at the Provincial/Patriot line with Full Paint they are really nice and come pretty much loaded with all the toys such as auto leveling, hard surface counters, aluminum wheels, leather etc etc. the pricing is really attractive and the warranty can't be beat and everything I have read about their service has been extremely positive. Check em out....

2013 Crossroads Provincial CF345RF Full Paint loaded
2006 GMC Crew Cab Dura Max Diesel

speedster100

ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oh I forgot to mention the Crossroads has plywood floors, hung walls, gorilla cage structure and better R insulation values than the Heartlands... Just some other buried features that you have to look for... Yes it has the remote for lights, awning, landing gear, ceiling fan, LED lighting throughout etc...

As I said little things that add up to value added and a nice price point with great warranty.

time will tell if we made the right decision after 14 year of having Keystone units...

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did order the 2012 Montana 3402 Big Sky yesterday. We have had good luck with Keystone service. The Montana was what we could afford and tow with our present truck. We got a good trade price, a good all over deal and good loan rate.
There are several great brands out there in that price range and we all do what is best for us.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rich, Congratz on new Big Sky Montana, Montana is the number one seller for over a decade... They must be doing something. Be Happy. Happy Trails....

speedster100

ontario

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on the new trailer..... we've had keystones for years with great luck.

Pricing seems to be pretty good this year, perhaps why there was good sales at the shows we have been at. Lots of sold signs for a change.

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Delaine and Lindy wrote:

Rich, Congratz on new Big Sky Montana, Montana is the number one seller for over a decade... They must be doing something. Be Happy. Happy Trails....

Thanks guys nice to hear from you. You know we stay in moderate climates, no snow, no ice no real hot or cold weather so we do not need the cold weather options. They have come a long way since 2006 on these things with many improvements like double seals on the slide outs that keeps them more airtight. We also note from friends that have new models that the insulation is much better compared with this 06.

mobilcastle

OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/12 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

richfaa wrote:

We did order the 2012 Montana 3402 Big Sky yesterday. We have had good luck with Keystone service. The Montana was what we could afford and tow with our present truck. We got a good trade price, a good all over deal and good loan rate.
There are several great brands out there in that price range and we all do what is best for us.

Glad to hear you are getting the new 3402 Big Sky. I was wondering if they keep the shower in the regular 3402 or do they change it in the Big Sky package? That is a super floor plan!

2010 Heartland 3670RL Mor/Ryde PB,dual panes,2-AC,
7000lb axles,G rated LT tires,38' high profile,
2011 Chevy 3500HD,Dually,D/A,LB,EB,4X4,
B&W Companion,GVWR-13,000

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Fordman and your Landmark Grand Canyon
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts