RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Hot Water

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

 > Hot Water

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2oldman

Sprague Lake

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

I turn it off at night because of the one posters description of a jet airplane taking off with full afterburners going! Sound seems to be amplified 100 times in the middle of the night...
X2. I'm parked 20' from a MH which hasn't been inhabited for days. And guess what, they left their gas WH on! Oh joy, 3am, WHOOOOOSH, Whump!. And that happens every hour. Don't think I haven't been tempted to turn it off myself.

nitrohorse wrote:

And old timer told me to just let the pilot burn during the night.
If your trailer is as old as the old timer who told you that, yes, that might work. Newer WH's have DSI, no pilot. And who the heck would bother turning off a pilot light anyway??

JiminDenver

Denver, Co

Senior Member

Joined: 09/09/2011

View Profile



Posted: 02/23/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I turn ours on when I get up so we can take showers and then off again. The water stays hot for hours and we don't have to drain the battery running the control board for nothing.


2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2007/2003 Ford Expedition
490w solar with dual Eco-worthy controllers.
345 ah bank.
Champion 3500/4000 w/ remote start.


nitrohorse

pa

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

MitchF150 wrote:

I turn it off at night because of the one posters description of a jet airplane taking off with full afterburners going! Sound seems to be amplified 100 times in the middle of the night...
X2. I'm parked 20' from a MH which hasn't been inhabited for days. And guess what, they left their gas WH on! Oh joy, 3am, WHOOOOOSH, Whump!. And that happens every hour. Don't think I haven't been tempted to turn it off myself.

nitrohorse wrote:

And old timer told me to just let the pilot burn during the night.
If your trailer is as old as the old timer who told you that, yes, that might work. Newer WH's have DSI, no pilot. And who the heck would bother turning off a pilot light anyway??


Maybe the OP mentioned the age of his trailer and I missed it, or you and my ex-wife have the same ability to believe that their assumptions are gospel. If you read the original post, you will understand that the person is new to TTs.

love2rvcamp

Close enough to Atlanta to hate the traffic

Senior Member

Joined: 09/18/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't turn it off while we are camping. It is just like the house I don't turn my hot water heater off at night. My trailer is my home away from home so what I do at the house is done in the trailer.


Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller


fairfaxjim

Fairfax, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/18/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Off at bedtime - don't want the noise since it is nearly under the bed - on when I get up so hot water is available. Doesn't seem to use much propane when hot water is not being used.


Jim & JoAnne
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer


2oldman

Sprague Lake

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nitrohorse wrote:

Maybe the OP mentioned the age of his trailer and I missed it, or you and my ex-wife have the same ability to believe that their assumptions are gospel.
Your ex-wife and I have the ability to make reasonable (not gospel) conclusions based on what's stated and what isn't stated.

nitrohorse

pa

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

nitrohorse wrote:

Maybe the OP mentioned the age of his trailer and I missed it, or you and my ex-wife have the same ability to believe that their assumptions are gospel.
Your ex-wife and I have the ability to make reasonable (not gospel) conclusions based on what's stated and what isn't stated.


Really? Tell me how you determined what vintage TT the OP owns or the type of water heater pilot igniter. Did I miss what was stated? Or are you assuming something?
I came on here to simply offer a suggestion. Sorry if it doesn't match yours..
I'm done responding to you.

Bmach

Spfld, Ma

Senior Member

Joined: 08/26/2004

View Profile



Posted: 02/23/12 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On upon arrival and off at departure.





doxiluvr

Tucson-AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 11/03/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/24/12 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use electric and leave it on. Haven't noticed any noises at night either and would definitely leave it on if it gets really cold so it doesn't freeze. And our neighbor uses propane and she says it uses very little, so he leave his on also.


2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 mini-dachshund/Chihuahua - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 1 great-grandchild
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

 > Hot Water
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS