|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point rv park

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Turtle-Toad

Wherever I park (orig Kingston, WA. USA)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rolnhome wrote:

Thanks very much. Now next problem is ten year permit. Last time I was in Mexico (2008) I kept my 10 year permit. In 2010 I traded that rig for a new one. I took the permit off the old rig and have all the papers for the sale and trade of the old rig. I'll try turning that in at the border.

The border officials cannot cancel your 10 year TIP without the RV. You have to send all the info to the headquarters in Mexico City. The process can take up to 4 months; during which you cannot get another 10 year TIP. So it's important to take care of this right away.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address (I can't do attachments to PM's) and I'll send you the info you need to do this.

Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

Jarand

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just left RP after a two week stay. First week we stayed at Playa Bonita, our usual. Unfortunately we couldn't get a beach site and interior spots are just not the same. So we moved to the Reef and loved it.

Playa Bonita is more social, crowded, and has a nice happy hour at the adjoining hotel. The Reef is much more spacious, quieter, and has fabulous beachfront Sites. Just depends on what you want!

MK2

Bend Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don't mind dry camping try Concha Del Mar just east of the Playa Bonita Hotel, they have nice restrooms with showers and also have a dump station along with water..
They have been there about 5years now and it located right on the beach, similar to the Reef dry camp with nicer facilities..
Edgar is the manager he speaks excellent english and is very knowledgeable of places to go and see..
We have been coming to Rocky Point for 14 years now and enjoy this campground very much.

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MK2 wrote:

If you don't mind dry camping try Concha Del Mar just east of the Playa Bonita Hotel, they have nice restrooms with showers and also have a dump station along with water..
They have been there about 5years now and it located right on the beach, similar to the Reef dry camp with nicer facilities..
Edgar is the manager he speaks excellent english and is very knowledgeable of places to go and see..
We have been coming to Rocky Point for 14 years now and enjoy this campground very much.

It's very inexpensive also.

Jim

2003 Fleetwood Revolution 40C

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 06:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jarand wrote:

We just left RP after a two week stay. First week we stayed at Playa Bonita, our usual. Unfortunately we couldn't get a beach site and interior spots are just not the same. So we moved to the Reef and loved it.

Playa Bonita is more social, crowded, and has a nice happy hour at the adjoining hotel. The Reef is much more spacious, quieter, and has fabulous beachfront Sites. Just depends on what you want!

Couldn't agree more! I also prefer the beach at Playa Bonita. Playa Oro has its good points also but I haven't stayed there for a few years.

rolnhome

Casa Grande, Az

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks this is exactly the info I was looking for.

We're in Arizona

MK2

Bend Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I could have left a phone number and other info for those of you that might be interested in the dry camp Conch Del Mar in Rocky Point..
You can reach the manager Edgar, phone number is 01152 1 638 103 1137
e-mail: pedgar626@hotmail.com or conchadelmar2008@hotmail.com

Jim@HiTek

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The border officials cannot cancel your 10 year TIP without the RV. You have to send all the info to the headquarters in Mexico City. The process can take up to 4 months; during which you cannot get another 10 year TIP. So it's important to take care of this right away.

I don't remember the 10 year TIP costing very much. Can't I just forget it and buy a new one after I get my newer RV this year? Or did I commit to some hidden charge or fee I don't remember if I don't cancel it?

Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Fleetwood Bounder, '94
Cummins Diesel, 190HP, 36.5' with 50HP LP boost.
Black Rock Lava Park, Nevada

Turtle-Toad

Wherever I park (orig Kingston, WA. USA)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The TIP doesn't cost very much, however if you don't turn it in, you can't get another one; ever!

Actually I think you can clear your TIP by paying a big fine, or after the 10 years are up. Of course all this has to be done through the Mexico City headquarters. The border stations are now computerized and enforcing these rules.

Jim@HiTek

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, thanks Turtle-Toad...but if you don't mind another question: Is it just as easy to wait until I'm back in the states and keep the 10-year tag when I sell, or easier to take care of it down here in Mexico? I think someone said earlier it could be done on-line?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point rv park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS