RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Would I be wrong?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Would I be wrong?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mayorb

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not to steal your thread, but I'm thinking along the same lines. We bought a tt a year ago and have found it to be way to small for us. I really hate to trade again so soon but it is just to cramped with the grand kids much less any one else staying with us. although I'm not going to carry it with us to the show in Dallas this weekend. I'll carry pics.

The question; is my tt to small or my wallet.

weathershak

Not sure, I need to look out the window

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 10:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go for it. Hopefully the weather will be good. I would stay with the TT, to be able to show it. Get a cooler with some sodas. Throw a couple lbs of hot dogs on the stove and make it like you are tailgating. You may draw more people, I would never turn away a free hot dog while I am RV shopping. The very least, it will make the day go faster, your fed, and you may fall in love with it again if you get no buyers. Best of luck.

Full timing it since July 2012

WandaLust2

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We sold three RVs through the free Craiglist. Two were gone in less than a week.

WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
Heartland 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS
1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C

NJ6PACK

Momouth County NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen some do this at the NEW JERSEY CONVENTION & EXPOSITION CENTER RV show.

This RV show is located in an office park so what they have done is park their RV or TT in the lot of one of the other office buildings leading up to the convention centerer, This is on a Saturday or Sunday so the regular office workers are not there and the lot is empty anyway.

I have seen them sitting there with the RV or TT, if it is a TT they are still hooked up to the TV in case they get chased away from the police or security

2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

LIKE2BUILD

Mt. Zion, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are on private property not connected to the trade show I don't see how they can say anything at all. Yes you are scabbing off the trade show traffic, but that doesn't mean you can't take advantage of increased exposure.

Have you ever seen roads with 10 car dealers in a row, or several used car dealers in the same vicinity of a large new car dealer? They're all feeding off each others' buyer traffic.

If you have permission from a property owner to park there during the show, I don't see how they can say anything at all.

KJ

'02 Jayco Qwest 324G
'04 Chevy 2500HD CrewCab |6.0L|2X4|4.10:1 | Eaton Posi-Trac
Curt MagnumV receiver
Eaz-Lift Hitch with Reese Dual Cam
2000 Crownline 205BR
'96 Polaris SLT780 PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (12, 6, & 4)
1 forgiving wife!!!

kearlms

Rexburg, ID

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a RV show this last weekend and there were about 5 in the parking lot with for sale signs in them. I dont see any problem with it.

Road Phantom

pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These days, it's a tough sell. This will defenately increase your odds. Try Craig's list also, its free.
I plan to go to the same show. I recall private rigs for sale in past shows, like the one in Hershey, so go for it and lots of luck.
If nothing else, and it doesn't sell there, park it in Home Depot with a sign, or Walmart. Leave it there in the lot and pick it up later. Or even the local mall lot.

youth4him

Belgrade, MT

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 12:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's probable that if people are shopping, they'll check Craigslist the week before the show, so I'd post an ad, and say a "see this trailer in the parking lot by the rv show" or whatever. You can hang out there, and show it to folks that show up.

I'd also invest in some carpet plastic, just in case, you might have a LOT of lookie loos.

KD

Trip of a Lifetime Blog - 12000 Miles, 100 Days, 34 States, 4 Humans, 1 Mini Daschund...FUN!
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali - 6.2L, 6-speed

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see many RV's at RV show parking lots with For Sale signs in them.. But, I'm sure it's up to the show or who ones the lot you are parking on?

I know at something like the Barrett Jackson auctions, you are not allowed to have For Sale signs on your parked vehicles, but they tell you that up front and if they see a vehicle with a For Sale sign in it, they will tow it...

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! Happy Camping!

2008Wildcat

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go ahead and do it....

That show is all new equipment anyway, so most people aren't going to look for a used one.

2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Would I be wrong?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS