RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Do RVers Contribute to Society?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do RVers Contribute to Society?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Suzanne and Brad

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Yes, RVers contribute to society. Tourism is the major industry in many places, you help support their industry. There are many other ways they contribute. Don't worry about the manager's comments.

Excellent response. Also, may RV'ers volunteer their time to various causes, etc.... 99% of people contribute something to society - I truly believe this.

Happy Travels!
Suzanne & Brad

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2Rovers wrote:

I hope you didn't work directly for this person. Sounds like a controlling jerk. It is no one's business how or if you contribute to anything. That's the problem now days, everyone wants to dictate what you should or shouldn't do. Tell him to lay off the lemons for breakfast and get a life LOl

I agree 100%

I would tell him I don't contribute a single thing and I don't have to justify my life or lifestyle to anyone.

What I would not mention is the fact that I have spent most of my life being a productive member of socity and now that I am retired I have earned the right to live out my remaining time on this earth doing whatever pleases me.

2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with you. DH and I are both retired Air Force. We have spent over half our lives living and promoting the motto "service before self." I have to say, we are tired. It's time to focus on "us" for a while. We do, still contribute to charities, our community and our country by paying taxes promptly and voting. Now, it's time to go camping and exploring our wonderful country.

Don't let one person's view distort your goals for happiness.

2011 Adventurer 910FBS,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD, 4x4, LB,CC,6 speed auto,3.73 axle, General 17" on/off road
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

dcb17b

foothills of the adirondacks

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that we ALL contribute by passing on our knowledge,encouragement and kinship on this forum. As campers or RVers we instill in our children the importance of respect for the planet and others, and that, carries into their lives in the world when they grow up. The importance of family and being involved in an activity that builds character and memories that will and do last a lifetime is a contribution to society. So the answer is YES.

2003 Ford F150 STX Supercab
2004 Dutchmen 24QBSL

antiquedrose

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would all do well to simply gently bloom where we're planted. Unlike the fellow showing raw resentment. And please don't think he's behaving as a religious Christian. He is a decoy, a fraud.

Most especially, thanks for serving when serving wasn't cool.

You've paid all societal dues. Enjoy yourselves!

MAU MAU

New Hampshire and Maine

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although I pay a rather large sum in taxes which helps 'something' (I think), I truly learned what giving back to society means from my bride of 20 years. She is truly an inspiration, and although she runs her own company, and is busier than a one handed paper hanger, she always makes the time to lecture, assist, donate, mentor, and to be a great role model for young adults.

When I grow up I want to be just like her!

Roadtrek 170 Popular

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do RVers Contribute to Society?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS