RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Natchez Trace Highway, Nashville to Tupelo

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Natchez Trace Highway, Nashville to Tupelo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful road! Go for it!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

barbandwayne

Eastern Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is one of the prettiest drives I know of. There is so much too see so plan to take your time and try to stop at all the little points of interest along the way. We've done Nashville to Natchez and the area in Tennessee is the most beautiful, so much more to see. Like someone said earlier, have a full tank of fuel since there are no commercial establishments on the Trace, empty holding tanks and plenty of water and food on board.

camper_ron

Raynham, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I will try it from Boston to Huston!

r0n......

gold edition

Evans, Ga

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My husband & I did the Natchez Trace on a Harley & a car. There are no services on it so we got off by 4:30 to get a place to stay. It's a great, leisurely road with lots to stop for & learn. We went in Tupelo & went south to Natchez. Another year we went in at Tupelo & went north to the end near Nashville. In Tupelo there is a GREAT Greek restaurant called Vanelli's. Anytime we go thru we stop.
Enjoy the trip.

etchison

al

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveled the trace a few years ago 08 I think anyway just outside Cherokee NC. going south through one overpass sign read 13 ft something I need 12' 10" well going north the same overpass sign read 11' something I gritted my teeth pulled to the center and pass through no problem .
I will definitely get one of the new GPS's where you plug in height and wide etc and it is suppose to route you around any problems

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

etchison wrote:

Traveled the trace a few years ago 08 I think anyway just outside Cherokee NC. going south through one overpass sign read 13 ft something I need 12' 10" well going north the same overpass sign read 11' something I gritted my teeth pulled to the center and pass through no problem .
I will definitely get one of the new GPS's where you plug in height and wide etc and it is suppose to route you around any problems

The Natchez Trace does not go anywhere near NC.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad
Kodiak Chassis Class C Forum

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronfisherman wrote:

etchison wrote:

The Natchez Trace does not go anywhere near NC.

X2 It ends at Nashville.

xctraveler

Livingston TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

etchison wrote:

I know that stretch of road, it is on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just a bit east of the Trace and also a beautiful drive. I also remember the low bridge, it is signed well in advance. There are several NP underpasses that have very pessimistic clearances. It is well to check with rangers or locals if you have a question.

Paul
Trucking down the road in our 2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

hohenwald48

Hohenwald, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually the Blue Ridge is about 400 miles east of the Trace.

2008 Fleetwood Jamboree 25G
1999 Jeep Wrangler
100% Solar Powered Home
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

B's Bunch

Shelbyville, TN. USA Why live any where else?

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great road tip. watch for cyclist they like the trace also and at times take up the whole road have fun Larry

Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T The Double Wide

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Natchez Trace Highway, Nashville to Tupelo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS