RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Patapsco Valley State Park

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Patapsco Valley State Park

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any information available on this Md. State Park? Taking several family members to Baltimore to visit Grand daughter doing grad. work at Johns Hopkins and this seems like it would be a convenient location. Planning on taking the RV and possibly renting several cabins also (for two other families). Thanks for your help / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

sunlinesunshine

Catonsville, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 01:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live about 2 miles from the park. Never camped there, but have driven through the campground. Very nice wooded location near the Patapsco river. Sites have electric but no water hookup at the site. Bath houses are usual state park style. They're doing road construction near the entrance, so you will have to enter from East bound RT 40.

It's a great location for visiting Baltimore, about 9 miles from the city center. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Happy Camping!

BLT
2004 F250 4X4
2005 SUNLINE T2753
EQUILIZER/ENVOY

JimK-NY

fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe Patapsco is only opened for camping in the summer months. For my daughters graduation in the end of May we stayed at Greenbelt. It was not too bad .... about a 45 minute drive.

D & M

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Patapsco State Park opens on March 30th. It's a very campground, has electric hookups, and is convienient to shopping, historic Ellicott City with its nice restaurants and shops, and close to Baltimore.

It has nice hiking trails down to th river that has water falls, albiet small ones. The kids swim in the river in the summer time, and I lounge like a lizard in the sun on the rocks.

Be advisded that if you come in from the east, the entrance to the park takes you under Rt. 40 and it is VERY LOW CLEARANCE.

Now I editorialize - there is a $4.60 a night resevation surcharge (read tax)on to the site fee. This is addition to rasing the fee .06 a gallon (read tax) on gasoline. I won't go into the outragous fees (whatever) that they now charge at the toll booths.

* This post was last edited 02/23/12 03:58pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

bioman

Pullman

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a nice little park from what I remember. Lived a few miles away in Laurel, MD and would drive up to Patapsco to go mountain biking. The trails can see a lot of use depending on the season and included walkers, bikers, horses, etc.

2012 Shockwave 23FSMX
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW, G56, full deletes
2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the help. Our trip is planned for June 29 to July 4th and I got my reservations made today. I notice that the park also has "mini cabins" and I have told my daughter about them and she may reserve a couple of them also. We were somewhat concerned about the trip being so close to July 4th but looks like it's going to work out OK. I see on the web site there is something about RVs over 11 feet high need to enter from the US 40 entrance (I believe that's what it said). I assume that is due to the low clearance mentioned by D&M. I HOPE the mentioned construction doesn't cause too many problems because I'm a LITTLE too tall for an 11 foot clearance

Thanks for your replies / Skip

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Patapsco Valley State Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS