|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Tourism Meeting In Sonora

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday there was a meeting in San Carlos with the Secretary of Tourism ( Fed), the Governor and Sonarans involved in Tourism. Fausto (RvMex) was there and I am sure he will post what he heard. Here is a link to the article in today's El Imparcial. I finally was able to convert their online edition to a PDF ( just click on PDF, dummy!). Unfortunately I could only get the whole page. I read it quickly but it appers that Mexico is concerned with their image and are planning some changes to improve that image. The article also noted that USA tourists have dropped but Canadians have increased from 5% to 15%. No mention of RV tourism but I bet Fausto asked what they were doing to make border crossings easier.

El Imparcial

Moisheh

* This post was edited 02/23/12 06:45pm by moisheh *

zeetagirl

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for this post and for the link......."studies" have been ordered.....Let's see what Fausto has to report.....

Snow River TC

BC Canada summer / Jalisco, Mexico winter

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He emailed me yesterday to say he was going to ask the questions.

John & Angela

Full Timers in Canada, USA and Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

So little of the tourism comes from RVing, It will be interesting to see how serious they get about improving border crossing procedures for the RV crowd.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. 2002 Vanguard 22 foot Class C. Diesel smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer or pulling a 2009 Timeout Tent Trailer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John: The border crossing issues affect much more than just RV'rs. The Paisanos that return at Christamas have far worse problems. They are forced to pay mordida and are often robbed. In any of the border states in Mexico family return at all times of the year. Then there are tourists from Canada and the USA that drive cars not RV's. For border states this type of tourism is a big deal. Mexican Federal politicos do not understand this. Mexico is no different than Canada and the USA. In Canada politicians think that Canada ends somewhere West of TO. In the USA they think that nothing happens outside the beltway. In Mexico it is all in DF.

Moisheh

John & Angela

Full Timers in Canada, USA and Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

John: The border crossing issues affect much more than just RV'rs. The Paisanos that return at Christamas have far worse problems. They are forced to pay mordida and are often robbed. In any of the border states in Mexico family return at all times of the year. Then there are tourists from Canada and the USA that drive cars not RV's. For border states this type of tourism is a big deal. Mexican Federal politicos do not understand this. Mexico is no different than Canada and the USA. In Canada politicians think that Canada ends somewhere West of TO. In the USA they think that nothing happens outside the beltway. In Mexico it is all in DF.

Moisheh

I forgot vehicles need permits too. Good point.

Its amazing that over a fifth of the population lives in the DF. Amazing. We hope to see the big tamale next year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Tourism Meeting In Sonora
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS