RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Dutchmen limited bumper-to hitch warranty

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dutchmen limited bumper-to hitch warranty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mitchwilliams

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In January 2011 purchased new Denali 262RLX 5th wheel. We love the coach and in December sent it to the shop for a few warranty issues. The local CW detected a shift in the rear of the coach and after receiving authorization from Dutchmen pulled the cap off and found that most of the screws holding the back of the caoch to the sides were stripped or had seared off. This on both sides. They repaired it and installed 9 screws on both sides. I should not have to worry about it again, however when I called Dutchmen they basically stated it may have been a person in training or ??, buit agreed to extend the warrnaty by 6 months. I really want 12 months, but they continue to decline. Where do I go from here???

Frustrated In Florida

bpounds

Whittier CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can continue to ask. They can continue to say no. That's it. Then you can spread the bad news to all the forums.

They have fulfilled their obligation under the terms of their warranty, and gone beyond that by offering additional warranty. You have no legal basis for more.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Markiemark32

Atlanta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 01:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the extension, just for the one repaired area, or complete unit?

If complete unit, then I would consider the offer for another 6 months great and I am amazed (from all the horror stories) that the extension was offered.

Keep an eye on all areas, document, pictures, communicate any suspect problems next 6 months etc.....As you stated, repair was done correctly, should not be any further issues.

Markiemark

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

6 months doesn't sound unreasonable to me as they're not required to extend your warranty at all. The warranty requires that they REPAIR the problem only. If you have a problem with it again it would be a GOOD reason to avoid the brand in the future but if it's out of warranty you're pretty much at their mercy. They MIGHT fix it again or might not.
Good luck / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

mitchwilliams

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Appreciate the input. Just seeing what others think of their offer. I really don't understand why they will not stand behind their product for another year. I hope I don't have any more issues but they should stand behind it.

Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You haven't said if they extended the warranty for just that issue or the entire RV.

I would feel satisfied in either case. Their warranty is is what is....1 year LIMITED warranty.

You should be fine.

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dutchmen limited bumper-to hitch warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS