|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Radio Cat update

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, folks...news is not good. Took kitty to the vet 10 days ago and got the blood/urine labs. Vet strongly suspected a liver disease but wanted to wait for the labs. The labs showed his white BC at 35000...waaaaayyyyy high and his bilirubin was off the charts. Vet suspected liver cancer but couldn't feel anything. So gave him a B12, some fluids and a 10day antibiotic shot as a "Hail Mary Pass" hoping it was a massive infection.

I took the cat in today for more fluids..he's a lot more yellow and he'd lost another 10 ounces!! This time the vet said he could feel "some masses"...so we are definitely in "kitty hospice". Gave him some more fluids and brough him home so DH could have some lap and skritch time. DH had wanted to let him "die in peace at home", but the vet says that is not likely because dehydration could last a few days and that would not be pleasant.

Vet thinks I could wait till Monday... but at this point in time I feel like it would be selfish... Right now... kitty is feeling better and has eaten some wet food...it's the fluids making him feel better...so I don't get my hopes up.

Anyway... I have a heavy heart. Trying to decide whether to cremate and keep the ashes... too many things to think about....

cts

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really sorry to hear of this update! If it was me, I understand it’s hard to do, but I wouldn’t let him suffer!

Prayers out to y’all!

Pops

dturm

Munster, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the bad news. Hope you all have time to come to grips with all the decisions and feelings.

Doug

kokosfriend

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry you are going through this - but we all do and so we understand. Bless you for the care you are giving him.

Barb

Barb and the 4 chocolates

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We won't let him suffer. He's still wanting his back scratchs, still snuggling up... enjoying his pinch of catnip... the vet assured me he's not in pain...doesn't feel like a kitten..but the vet seemed positive he'd be ok till monday if we decided to wait a few more days.

Right now...just playing it by ear. Maybe tomorrow...maybe Saturday.

thanks for the support

cts

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Making a decision like this is always tough on the heart. You love him. You want him to be comfortable but at the same time you don't want to move too quickly and you want to have more time with him. You need to listen to your hearts as they are the only ones that are gonna truly be able to help you through these decisions. What ever you do, remember that giving him the gift of peace is the ultimate gift of love and he will always love you for that.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold after 3 1/2 yrs and 76 nights camped in it!

kokosfriend

Nashville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blessings and comfort angels sent your way

Barb

Ohiojude

Westmoreland County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain of losing your furbaby.

2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ diesel dually, Curt Q20 Hitch
**traded in-the lemon- 2012 Winnie Raven 5th Wheel**
for a marvelous-2014 Big Country 3596RE
Traveling with 3 wonderful Feline Furboys Milo, Mason and Mozart

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 04:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it's Friday morning...and I told my DH..today is "it". He's ok with that now. So when the vet opens I plan to just take Catmandu in.

Thank you all for your advice and support. It's hard to let go of a living being that loves so perfectly.

cts

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Barb, The vets and tech were very kind...very tender. My beautiful boy was lovingly and gently released. He had no fear, no pain. It is the best that I could have hoped for under the circumstances.

It is now just me and my DH... our world has become a little smaller now. I've been here before with many other fur friends...and I know that all of you have experienced this as well.

Thank you again for the kindness and support.

deb

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Radio Cat update
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS