|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Request For Pics Of Your E-Series Front Receiver

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All,

Another recent thread discussing front receivers has me once again thinking about getting one. The concern I have with my rig is with my semi-functional, nice looking front bumper facia. I wonder if a front receiver will clear below the facia.

If you have a front hitch receiver on a pre-2008 E-series (before the styling change) would you please post a couple pics and also measure how high above the ground the top of the square receiver is?

I also have a heavy duty aftermarket front sway bar & steering stabilizer installed and wonder if there would be an interference problem with them, so pics underneath would also help a lot.

Here is my 2007 E350 rig. Note the front bumper cover. I really like it and would not want to chop it up or remove it.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 12:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Ron,

I was about to reply that I have the exact same E450 (Winnebago), but the bumper looks different. Mine in chrome and I do not have fog lights. My receiver tucks up pretty tight to the bumper, so I suspect that on yours, you will be cutting the plastic. I have some pictures somewhere, I will post if I can find them.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an '02 E-350 with a front hitch receiver with a bike carrier. I don't post pictures but I can e-mail one if someone would like to see it, and post it, if they want.

Dusty

bmoon1952

Vidor,Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron,
That bumper cover is WAY too nice to modify. Is that a cosmetic cover that overlays the stock bumper/plastic piece? If the part is still available, I would buy one for my 2005 Minnie and paint it the bottom color of my motorhome. Ford could have made the stock part a little nicer looking. I have searched on-line for an E-series air dam to no avail. That is sharp looking on your rig.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Fellows,

Thanks for the replies. I agree, I don't want to cut the cover. It just looks too nice to tamper with. I was hoping the receiver hung low enough to clear it.

My email address is in my profile. I'd love to see a picture of what you got.

My cover was an option from the motor home manufacture. I believe it is attached with foam backed 2-sided adhesive tape. It attaches over the stock Ford bumper. The cover fits pre-2008 models. I will ask Phoenix USA where they got the cover from.

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

I will ask Phoenix USA where they got the cover from.
Here is the story about my front bumper cover.

- made by Imperial Plastics (no longer in business of making front bumper covers)
- cannot fit a 2008 or newer E-series
- it covers the OEM bumper
- is held on with a rivet at each end and silicone adhesive in the middle
- the fog lamps were supplied via a 3rd party through Imperial Plastics, vendor unknown

* This post was edited 02/27/12 03:57pm by ron.dittmer *

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Fellows,

Thanks for the replies. I agree, I don't want to cut the cover. It just looks too nice to tamper with. I was hoping the receiver hung low enough to clear it.

My email address is in my profile. I'd love to see a picture of what you got.

My cover was an option from the motor home manufacture. I believe it is attached with foam backed 2-sided adhesive tape. It attaches over the stock Ford bumper. The cover fits pre-2008 models. I will ask Phoenix USA where they got the cover from.

I don't see your e-mail. PM it to me.

Dusty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Request For Pics Of Your E-Series Front Receiver
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS