RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Anyone own an Open Range Roamer 316rls?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Anyone own an Open Range Roamer 316rls?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Benoit1967

Calgary

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We really like the floor plan of the Open Range Roamer 316rls. We saw the 345rls with island option and the 316rls is very close to the same floor plan/space.

We would like to read your impression of the Open Range Roamer 316rls model, your experience, your ownership experience, your recommendation.

Looking forward to reading your input

Ben

2012 Hyundai Veloster 6 Speed, triathlon gray (commuter car)
2011 Ford F350, 6.7L diesel, Lariat, 4X4, Crew Cab, Short box, Tri-coat white
2008 Princecraft Pro 166 (black)
2005 K-Z Jag 23 fifth wheel

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Milton Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We own a 2012 Open Range Roamer 316 RLS travel trailer. Absolutely love it and great dealer and factory support. Couple of small issues that wer taken care of immediately. Like a missing piece of trim and blocked AC drain. Otherwise great. Lots of room and tows great. So far I would highly recommend. This is our 5th trailer.

rgreengas

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes. We own a 316RLS and we love it. The support from out dealer, RV America in Aurora, and the company have been fantastic. We picked up the unit in May and have taken it on some short trips in the Denver area and up to Yellowstone. Just like you, we fell in love with the floor plan. It is very open inside due to the opposing slides. If you would like more info from me about the unit, please just PM me and we can communicate. Also, please go to the OR owners forum http://www.openrangeowners.com you will find lots of great info there. It is a very well run forum.

ttstansfield

Tulsa

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH and I have a 385RLS. We purchased it a year ago and we absolutely love it. We have camped in both very hot weather and very cold weather and have had no problems with the climate inside. We love the quality of the trailer and would definitely purchase another Open Range again. We haven't had any problems with our 5th wheel except needing to put some caulk on the shower. The interiors are much nicer than our previous two trailers (one TT and one 5th wheel). The designs are not gaudy and don't look like they came straight from the 1970's. The only thing I would change is the appearance of the light fixtures over the couch and chairs in our rear living trailer. I wish they were a little nicer looking--such as a track light or two--instead of a standard oval shaped light fixture. I'll have to get DH right on replacing those lights!

samsphones

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 05:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't have the 316RLS but we do have the 287RLS 5th wheel which we purchased in October. We have had virtually no problems with it and we love it. We camped 3 times last fall and are on our 4th week in Florida now. We feel it is one of the best made on the market.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forum Members "Jack_Diane_Freedom" just bought a 2012 Open Range Roamer 316 RLS.

"Abby/Bella" and "rgreengrasshave", "sure2rain" have Open Range 316RSL as well. "azandy70", "Trail-Mate", 'samsphones", "Animal Planet", "johnvb", "ron and deb g" and probably more that I missed. Contact them and go on the Open RangeRVOwners.com website for more!

Plus this is what I wrote recently...

fordsooperdooty wrote:

"I've done some research, reviews and posts on the Open Range company. "I noted that Open Range is unusual in that we hear fairly often that Open Range potential or actual owners often seem to get phone calls back from Randy Graber the President of Open Range....with answers to their questions and issues. THAT's COOL! And for a newer 4 year old company, they seem to have their act together.

Randy's experience running Newmar RV, KZ RV and a division of Keystone RV taught him to think out of the box and be creative.

And his wife Pam does the creative interior designs! And Pam's interiors have actual character compared to most brands, for example they added a unique "Alderwood" optional wood cabinet that has a really cool "knotty wood plank appearance" like some expensive yacht's!

He also came up with a slideout "veranda" patio. And Open Range has really terrific insulation too, the R-38 roofs and floors for example are 5 times better insulated than the industry standard! Even the sidewalls are R-2 higher than the industry norm of R-7.

Compared to other brands the Open Range has features standard that usually are on much higher lines of trailers...Bigger water tanks, bigger propane tanks, bigger standard roof A/C, bigger 10 gallon water heaters, aluminum wheels, automatic leveler systems, bigger LCD TV's, bigger furnaces (40,000 btu), 6'5" height slideouts, real Corian coounter tops, and the microwaves are placed so that you don't have to stand on your tip-toes to reach it!

I have not heard Open Range owners complain either, and they also have a 2 year warranty like Jayco, KZ, Crossroads, and few others. I'm a big Jayco fan, but Open Range does appear to have a bright future and are doing things the right way! Good luck!"

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Anyone own an Open Range Roamer 316rls?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS