|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska

> Cabin accommodations in BC

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
npauto

ALBERTA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have had many wonderful vacations with our RV but wanting to try something different this summer. Planning a trip by SUV from Edmonton to Vancouver and hopefully to Victoria and we hope to be spending most nights in a cabin style accommodation.
Can anyone on this forum recommend good places to stay?
Traveling with my wife and a 9 & 12 year old and would prefer private cabins in locations that will allow us to experience the beauty of British Columbia.
I know this is an RV forum but hope someone can help me out

C-172-AV8R

Duncan B.C. Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a lot of great places such as ..Tigh-Na-Mara in Parksville or the cabins on the beaches in Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island......................here's a few sites to help in your search.........................Vancouver Island......Hello B.C...... Drive B.C....visitors-info......B.C Ferries

Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

Dave1131

Edmonton,AB

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wells Gray Park

you won't want to leave

campground/cabins

lots to do and see in that park

have fun
Dave

* This post was edited 02/24/12 10:54am by Dave1131 *

2012 GMC Denali Dually,6.6 Duramax,Firestone air bags with wireless remote,2007 Lance 1131,2 Trojan T-145's,270 watts Kyocera solar, Morningstar Dual 25 Amp Battery Charge Controller.

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whenever we visit family in Ontario we always hear them talking about the 'cottage'. Same on TV, "You going to the cottage this weekend Joe?"
many commercials mention items for the cottage.
I may be wrong here, but I very rarely hear people in BC talking about the 'cottage'. There are lots of cabins & cottages around but most of them are part of a resort or campground. I did look at that site for the privately owned cabins but most of the ones for the South Island are condos in and around Victoria.
Again I may be wrong but I dont think the BC is quite into the 'cottage culture'!

I don't believe in astrology. I am a Gemini and
we're very skeptical.

JN_B

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best place to look is VRBO

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/canada/british-columbia

We use it anytime we rent a place. Although we usually rent in the winter.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD SLT
2010 K-Z Spree 318BHS

trigley

Central Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 11:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of privately owned B C properties on here
Some will be cabin style.

npauto

ALBERTA

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry guys, I should have explained a bit better. I am not looking to rent a cabin by the week.
What I am looking for is campsites that have cabins for rent as well as RV spots.
Or something like Beckers Chalets in Jasper where you can rent a cabin by the night, spend a day sight seeing and carry on the next day. I assume BC would have this type of accommodations available?

Tothill

BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orion wrote:

Whenever we visit family in Ontario we always hear them talking about the 'cottage'. Same on TV, "You going to the cottage this weekend Joe?"
I may be wrong here, but I very rarely hear people in BC talking about the 'cottage'. There are lots of cabins & cottages around but most of them are part of a resort or campground. I did look at that site for the privately owned cabins but most of the ones for the South Island are condos in and around Victoria.
Again I may be wrong but I dont think the BC is quite into the 'cottage culture'!

There are hundreds of privately owned cottages available for rent in BC. The challenge is that they tend to book from one year to the next with the same families. It is very rare for a cottage to have a free week.

Most do not have to advertise when they do have a vacancy, they either have a waiting list or word of mouth fills them up.

Mostly any advertising is either done through a local tourism office or in the paper, not online. Why? because the owners are older folks who often do not use the internet, or the location does not give access to the internet.

My family's cottage (not looking for business it is full) has been full every summer for 45 years. Usually booked a year in advance and only rented by the week. Dad still manages it (at 83) and does nothing online. If he gets a rare cancellation, he usually puts an ad in the Calgary paper and fills it immediately.

OP, Good luck finding private cottages that will rent for less than a week.

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tothill wrote:

Orion wrote:

There are hundreds of privately owned cottages available for rent in BC. The challenge is that they tend to book from one year to the next with the same families. It is very rare for a cottage to have a free week.

Most do not have to advertise when they do have a vacancy, they either have a waiting list or word of mouth fills them up.

Mostly any advertising is either done through a local tourism office or in the paper, not online. Why? because the owners are older folks who often do not use the internet, or the location does not give access to the internet.

My family's cottage (not looking for business it is full) has been full every summer for 45 years. Usually booked a year in advance and only rented by the week. Dad still manages it (at 83) and does nothing online. If he gets a rare cancellation, he usually puts an ad in the Calgary paper and fills it immediately.

OP, Good luck finding private cottages that will rent for less than a week.

I agree there are tons of Cabins in BC and most are booked well inadvance of the coming season. As a past cabin owner we rarely if ever use the word cottage when referring to a cabin at the lake or in the bush in BC.
I used to have a cabin up the mountain used for Snowmobiling, and there were 11 other cabins in the same small area just for winter use. I also have a boat and there are cabins up and down every lake in the area, so there are LOTs, you just have to find an empty one.
good luck
Soup

2014 Open Range LF318LS Light
2007 Sierra SLE, 2500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Transmission

Baxtersparents

Shuswaps British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is another place for rentals:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/British-Columbia.html

or here:

http://www.cottagesincanada.com/cottage-rentals/british-columbia/default.aspx?ar=c

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska

> Cabin accommodations in BC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS