RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: What about Speedco service?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> What about Speedco service?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
univmd

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speedco is great until something goes wrong. Right after our Speedco service, the shut engine light came on, right upon startup. Speedco does not have code readers, so we had to have our RV towed to Freightliner to get the code read, where they plugged in their laptop, and found out that the code said low coolant. Added coolant and we were on our way. Still not exactly sure what happened, coincidence? Now we take it to Freightliner for service, just in case anything happens.

2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

avidude

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would love to see then open in So Cal.

Ted

--
'07 Bounder Diesel 38S
Cat C7 300hp, Allison 3000MH
Tow: '11 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

pusherpilot

Wherever we are.

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

avidude wrote:

Hear, hear!! We did Speedco for a full service lube & oil last Sept in Joplin, Mo om our way back to Branson. They actually wanted me to witness the installation of the filters and drain plug, including checking the setting on the torque wrench.
The only oddity is that you have to run yhour rig in "backwards" because the engine is in the rear. The only snag was getting the oil analysis. The office lady was having trouble figuring out how to run the machine.
Talking to the guys in the shop revealed that they had all been employed in similar jobs with other service outfits so they were experienced.

Ron

FormerBoater

South Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pusherpilot wrote:

avidude wrote:

Hear, hear!! We did Speedco for a full service lube & oil last Sept in Joplin, Mo om our way back to Branson. They actually wanted me to witness the installation of the filters and drain plug, including checking the setting on the torque wrench.
The only oddity is that you have to run yhour rig in "backwards" because the engine is in the rear. The only snag was getting the oil analysis. The office lady was having trouble figuring out how to run the machine.
Talking to the guys in the shop revealed that they had all been employed in similar jobs with other service outfits so they were experienced.

Ron

Most Speedco's will want you to pull in from the front of the building while the semi's pull in from the back.

Best thing to do is park out front, go in and they will tell you which bay they want you to pull into.

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

Dennis M M

Geneva, IL; Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Used them for the first time last month, fast and professional and I was impressed with their thoroughness.

Did not use their oil analysis since I have used Blackstone Labs for years.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'11 smart fortwo on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

chastho

arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DO NOT use the one in Little Rock, AR, They have overcharged me every time I have used them. Their web site and book of menu services show the ISL as medium duty service they charged me for heavy duty, $70 difference in price.. I argued with over 30 minutes and finally got them to drop the price to medium duty. The book also says the price includes 2 filters, you will only get the oil filter included and pay for the 2 fuel filters. Their excuse was "that is the way our computer is setup and we do not have the authority to change it". They have never checked the coolant to see if it needed additives. They have now started checking tire pressures so be prepared to wait more than an hour while they check every tire on the 18 wheelers, my wait was over 2 hours before I got in, over 3 hours by the time I got tired of arguing with them and walked out and left them with a few choice words of what I think of them. If I live long enough I may try them again in another state but not anytime in the next few years. emailing headquarters is a waste of time.

#Marc

Waterloo , Ontario , Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great, I am in Florida for the winter and the plan is on my way back to Canada is to stop overnight at Flying J exit 2 GA I-95. I will get my oil change and fuel filter done. I think Speedco is right across the street Fm Flying J Am I correct?

Thanks Dave for the Info.

Marc & Josée
Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
450 HP Cummins ISL

Laman

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually FJ is on the west side of I-75 and Speedco is on the east but we are talkin on 1/2 mile apart. Go east off the exit past TA and Speedco will be on your right.

1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RayChez wrote:

I do my own oil and filter changing most of the time. But if I am on the road I have used Freightliner and was very pleased with the work.
I just changed the oil and filter today on my coach. It is not a hard job to do it yourself. The hardest thing is removing the oil filter. I have to use a cheeter bar on the rachet handle to unscrew it. Once it breaks lose it is a fairly easy job.

Yes you find it easy because u have done it and know how plus u have the equipment and proper oil collection containers etc.However your like 1 or 2% of the diesel pusher community

RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do my own oil and filter changing most of the time. But if I am on the road I have used Freightliner and was very pleased with the work.
I just changed the oil and filter today on my coach. It is not a hard job to do it yourself. The hardest thing is removing the oil filter. I have to use a cheeter bar on the rachet handle to unscrew it. Once it breaks lose it is a fairly easy job.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> What about Speedco service?