|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Triple e gtmb 24

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
tripleguy

Victoria BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Triple e Regency gtmb 24 looks like a great Rv however due to lack of oven and the burners close to all that nice white upholstery and no drip edge on the counter is this RV worth the price.

I know Triple E makes a quality product but the above might make it hard for fulltiming

Any thoughts would be nice

Thx Pat

Coach-man

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not familiar with that model, do you have a website link so we could check it out?

burlmart

Baton Rouge

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"2012 Triple E Regency-GT24MB (Grand Touring-24 ft.-Murphy Bed)
Ford E450 Chassis with 6.8L EFl V-10 Triton"

A superlative B+!

2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

tripleguy

Victoria BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi thanks for your replies and i am glad it is working for you class B Girl.
Have fun Pat

ClassBGirl

Memphis, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased a Regency GT24MB made by Triple E in Winkler, Canada September 2011. We are very pleased with our beautiful new traveling machine. We always said we would retire and have a "little cabin in the woods". We did that except our "little cabin in the woods" has wheels which allows us to change the woods when ever we like.

We are very pleased with the GT24MB and having the slide, the Murphy bed, and the large shower and dressing area has really given us the extra space we were looking for and still maintain the ease of driving and getting around with out a toad. So far it's the perfect fit for my husband and I, plus our seven year old Basset Hound, Bogie, that is our fur kid and traveling companion. We took several short trips last Fall plus one to Canada and can't wait to hit the road and start camping again in March.

To answer your questions:
Is it worth the price? In our opinion, yes! The quality of workmanship is supurb, beautiful fit and finish, and we didn't even find a speck of sawdust when our unit arrived in Van City. It's considered an all weather unit with extra insulation, enclosed and heated tanks, dual pane windows, which help in the heat of summer as well as the cold. We toured the factory and were very impressed with the whole operation and their attention to details, and their wanting to please and listen to their customers.

The lack of an oven??? It has an Apollo Half Time Oven which is a combination convection/microwave oven with the ability to cook and brown foods like a gas or electric oven in about half the time.There are four cooking modes: Half Time, Complete Meal, Convection and Microwave. We have been very impressed with it. For instance, using half time mode we cooked the frozen Pillbury biscuits that take 27 minutes in our home oven, and they came out beautifully done in 7 minutes.

The burners being close to all that nice white upholstery and no drip edge on the counter?? When I cook on the cook top I do have to be very careful about grease or any splatters getting on the u-lounge leather dinette seating that is right beside the cook top. I lay a towel acoss the leather seating to protect it. I have also sent a suggestion to the factory that future models have this problem addressed with some type of splash guard along that edge of the counter.

We are not beginning RV'ers and have owned over the years RV's from Pleasureway, Chinook, and Born Free. If the Regency GT24MB had come out many years ago it would have saved us a lot of trial and error and $$$$$ searching for the "right "RV for us.

ClassBGirl, Hubby, and "Bogie" the Basset Hound
2012 Triple E Regency - GT24MB (Grand Touring - 24 ft. - Murphy Bed)
Ford E450 Chassis with 6.8L EFl V-10 Triton

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 09:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You just have to learn to be a less messy cook. I know that it comes with a convection microwave so that you don't have an oven taking up space.

Here is the link:

http://www.tripleerv.com/gt24/index.html

A member here, ClassBGirl owns one and I was negotiating on one at the same time as my LTV Libero and decided to go with the Libero. Check out her thread:

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........d/25490444/gotomsg/25500328.cfm#25500328

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

kiwidancer

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Fleetwood Pulse 24A also has the sink right next to the sofa. When I wash dishes, there is invariably some water on the countertop running toward the sofa, especially if the motor home is slightly tilted toward the front. I just put an extra dish towel there before I begin. Even if you had a splash guard, you'd still have to dry the countertop off when you finished washing.

j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our Jayco, the kitchen sink is right by the sofa upholstery. Previous owners found a splash shield. It's clear plastic and rests in a guide on the cabinet top and is steadied by anothr guide on the wall. Both guides appear to have been attached with peel-and-stick tape. I made a couple quick searches and didn't come up with anything. For all I know it came from bed-bath-beyond, ace harware or whoever. But it does keep splash off the sofa.

God Bless, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100

knobhill24

Upper Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at the Tripple E at the rv show in Tampa a few years ago I think it is the best built in its class.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Triple e gtmb 24
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS