RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: What does this switch control?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What does this switch control?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might have been a replacement as the Bargman style can be had with/without switch. If same style and you think you could use the switch just swap them?

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there an outside light on the other side controlled by the same switch? If so that would allow you to pick which one you prefer to have on when you throw the inside switch. If not, maybe there was a factory option to add other outdoor lights to that circuit?

Tamnative

Mill Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By Bigfoot has one of those as an option. It tells my sig other that were low on beer so she knows to get more. You have to get the optional solenoid to get it to work

2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 08:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atchafalaya_man wrote:

... Now comes the question....Why would the manufacturer install a light up on the side of the camper that has a switch so high up, one needs and 8 foot step ladder to throw it? ...
Silly you, asking why a manufacture would do something. My experience is that there is no rhyme or reason as to why any manufacture does anything, other than to make more money. In the case of your light, my guess is they use the same light in all of their outside applications, cheaper by the dozen. The installer probably forgot to flip the outside fixture switch. Additionally, the people that did the final inspection did not do to well either.

Wayne

3 tons

CA.

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spacedoutbob wrote:

It could be just an extra switch to control another accessory, but isn't wired to anything because your camper doesn't have that particular accessory. I have seen switches in cars that are like that.

Bob in Calif.

This is the case in my camper with exact same switches...They were intended to control the interior vs exterior speakers.

3 tons

deltamaster

Box Elder, SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking closely at the picture I can see that whoever created the "Caution" decal can not spell. The word should be "ENSURE", not "INSURE".

I ride it like I stole it!
.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltamaster wrote:

Looking closely at the picture I can see that whoever created the "Caution" decal can not spell. The word should be "ENSURE", not "INSURE".
I am lousy at spelling, and typically would use "insure" not "Ensure". I looked up "Ensure", and unless I am missing something, both words mean the same thing. I guess it depends on which teacher a person had.

Merriam-Webster dictionary

Wayne

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What does this switch control?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: