RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Kudos to Eternabond.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Kudos to Eternabond.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
pbitschura

SE MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a result of some problems I had getting Eternabond tape to stick in a problem location on my "C", I contacted the company for help and suggestions. Today UPS delivered 2 rolls of 6" tape, 2 cans of cleaner, 2 cans of primer, 2 tubes of sealant caulk, all as a thank you for using their product, and making amends for my "inconvenience". WOW!

1988 Mallard class c 24' Chevy chassis 350 cu gas.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's good to know at least one company believes in customer service.

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow. Impressive, to say the least.

travelzoo

NW

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 03:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I contacted them several months ago asking if there was anyway to get a small sample of the actual colored tape so I could see what color gave the best match. They sent me a sample roll (about 10') of each color at no charge.

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 06:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

deltamaster

Box Elder, SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep... and look what you did... you wrote all this up on a very popular RV web site. Now others will read this and go buy their products because you have mentioned that they stand behind their product.

Inexpensive marketing... VERY smart for them! Besides that they have a great product that is relatively easy to use and does a nice job sealing up the rig.

We should all post good reviews of the products that we like the best so that those companies survive to continue to provide the great products and services that we enjoy!

I ride it like I stole it!
.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I thing folks often miss is the surface prep. It's not just slapping on the Acetone/Lacquer thinner and wiping if off. That often loosens contaminents on the roof that aren't properly removed and those don't allow the Eternabond microsealant to properly bond to the virgin roof surface.

When I did my Eternabond marathon I would do three or four Lacquer thinner wipes of the roof using a clean dark colored cloth and if any white was showing up it was not cleaned properly.

Proper surface prep is KEY in getting a good and permanent bond for the Eternabond.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

pbitschura

SE MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltamaster wrote:

Yep... and look what you did... you wrote all this up on a very popular RV web site. Now others will read this and go buy their products because you have mentioned that they stand behind their product.

Inexpensive marketing... VERY smart for them! Besides that they have a great product that is relatively easy to use and does a nice job sealing up the rig.

We should all post good reviews of the products that we like the best so that those companies survive to continue to provide the great products and services that we enjoy!
That was my point. Slick marketing only goes so far. The proof is in the pudding (or something like that).

pbitschura

SE MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LarryJM wrote:

One thing I thing folks often miss is the surface prep. It's not just slapping on the Acetone/Lacquer thinner and wiping if off. That often loosens contaminents on the roof that aren't properly removed and those don't allow the Eternabond microsealant to properly bond to the virgin roof surface.

When I did my Eternabond marathon I would do three or four Lacquer thinner wipes of the roof using a clean dark colored cloth and if any white was showing up it was not cleaned properly.

Proper surface prep is KEY in getting a good and permanent bond for the Eternabond.
Larry
Now I have the stuff to seal my lower cap per official instructions, tho it worked well everywhere else on the rv by my method.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pbitschura wrote:

LarryJM wrote:

Larry
Now I have the stuff to seal my lower cap per official instructions, tho it worked well everywhere else on the rv by my method.

My comment was especially for the rubber roof and a second thing that is extremely important is not to pull/stretch the roof seal when applying. While the micro sealant is great if under tension it will release over time especially in warm weather.

Larry

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Kudos to Eternabond.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS