RV.Net Open Roads Forum: WA state needs money more than tourists????

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> WA state needs money more than tourists????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Washington does not really cater to tourists like Oregon does. And most of our state parks are not as nice as Oregon's, either (there are exceptions, like Cape Disappointment). But we do have some truly awesome scenery and great national parks. As has been mentioned, the Discovery Pass is just for day use. Your park entrance and parking are included in your camping fee.

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The liquor stores are going to be phased out and opened in stores over something like 55,000 sq. feet.
Some say prices will go down.

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 05:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I appreciate the responses from the people that live in WA. Our son lives in Ca. and we will be visiting him this year. After all the negative responses, I will just forgo our visit to Wa. and travel elsewhere. Sure don't want to go where we are not welcomed.

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

peaches&cream wrote:

I appreciate the responses from the people that live in WA. Our son lives in Ca. and we will be visiting him this year. After all the negative responses, I will just forgo our visit to Wa. and travel elsewhere. Sure don't want to go where we are not welcomed.
Where did you read that?? When I say Washington doesn't cater to tourists like Oregon does, I simply mean that tourism is not the major emphasis that it is in OR. We have some of the prettiest (IMHO, THE prettiest!) mountain ranges in the US and some rugged but beautiful coastal waters. The San Juan Islands are a wonder to behold. Yes, we do want you to come and visit. WA just can't afford to spend the money promoting tourism that some states do.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

peaches and cream, I remember back years ago we had a governor that said Oregon is a nice place to visit, just don't move here. That was often thought of as a turn off.

rvdogmom40

Western Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 06:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Money or lack thereof is a problem everywhere! Since WA has no state income tax, they have to get $$$ somewhere to provide the services people have come to think of as necessary. I willingly support the state parks because I use them and recognize that it costs to keep them open and staffed.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is other locations here in WA that are operated by the federal government that works. National parks, Forest service and BLM. Even some of the counties have good parks. Look at this website for the area you would like to visit.
http://www.uscampgrounds.info/

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually to answer the OP's original question, yes, we need your money more than we need tourists. Is that so bad?

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

Oregon Ms

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/12 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oregon is a deal if you are a freeloader or don't live here. I believe we are in the top 5 for being taxed, maybe the top 3. As much as I love this place, I'm packing up. Too few people pay taxes and the ones that do are getting murdered and the ones that don't are voting to tax us (the "rich"ie. the ones who work hard) more.

I don't see how anyone can balk at a $30 a year Discovery Pass in Washington, that's a steal. That's one night camping in the Oregon State Parks.

I don't know why people from other states complain when they are asked to contribute to the upkeep of the parks that they are using.

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/12 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oregon Ms wrote:

Oregon is a deal if you are a freeloader or don't live here. I believe we are in the top 5 for being taxed, maybe the top 3. As much as I love this place, I'm packing up. Too few people pay taxes and the ones that do are getting murdered and the ones that don't are voting to tax us (the "rich"ie. the ones who work hard) more.

I don't see how anyone can balk at a $30 a year Discovery Pass in Washington, that's a steal. That's one night camping in the Oregon State Parks.

I don't know why people from other states complain when they are asked to contribute to the upkeep of the parks that they are using.
The Discovery Pass has nothing to do with camping, however. And our camping fee for utility non-premium sites is $31.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> WA state needs money more than tourists????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS