RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Trying to work a deal on a new Phaeton

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > Trying to work a deal on a new Phaeton

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Jonny 31C

Stevenson, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 04/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/12 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Winnebago Voyage has been such a great coach for the last 8 years and 50,000 miles. I think it is time to give the girl a break and I have my sights set on a 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH. I am a little worried about learning a new coach because I am so used to the Winnie and I know how to fix just about everything. But really looking forward to the diesel pusher. I am pushing the dealer pretty hard on the deal because i really have nothing to lose. If they say no, i walk away and continue to enjoy my coach. It is so exciting to think of getting into a new coach....but they got to meet my price. I'll keep you posted.


Jonny
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Great Wife, 2 amazing kids, 2 beagles

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/14/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/12 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jonny 31C wrote:

The Winnebago Voyage has been such a great coach for the last 8 years and 50,000 miles. I think it is time to give the girl a break and I have my sights set on a 2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH. I am a little worried about learning a new coach because I am so used to the Winnie and I know how to fix just about everything. But really looking forward to the diesel pusher. I am pushing the dealer pretty hard on the deal because i really have nothing to lose. If they say no, i walk away and continue to enjoy my coach. It is so exciting to think of getting into a new coach....but they got to meet my price. I'll keep you posted.
Good Luck Jonny! And, I know how you feel about your Winnebago! Mine will have claw marks on the side of it if I ever give it up!

chastho

arkansas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/27/2005

View Profile



Posted: 02/24/12 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the dealer you are talking to does not meet your price try other dealers. You can have warranty work done anywhere, it does not have to be a dealer.

Jonny 31C

Stevenson, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 04/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/12 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chastho wrote:

If the dealer you are talking to does not meet your price try other dealers. You can have warranty work done anywhere, it does not have to be a dealer.


I agree....I want to give my local dealer the first shot...then i will look around.

funtogo

Amory,Ms.38821

Full Member

Joined: 02/25/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/12 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember,don't get too excited and weaken your position.That is what they are counting on.They might hold out a carrot on a stick to tempt you.Good luck!


2006 Cardinal 30TS(Sold)
2006 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 D/A(Sold)

spitfirepete

Great Outdoors RV resort

Senior Member

Joined: 11/17/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/25/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

check out the TiffinRVNetwork


Peter and Linda
2011 Tiffin Phaeton
2007 Saturn Vue toad
Bichon and Cocker (spoiled puppies)

RVER

West of Boston, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/29/2000

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/25/12 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am considering a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32.8 ft. Has painted exterior which is quite handsome, has the Ushaped dinette. Some have sent me emails saying it is quite crammed feeling and others who own it say they LOVE it. I have a fifthwheel now and LOVE it but it is 2002 and so thought about going back to a MH(had an Winne Adventurer 1994) and loved it, bought it 1999 and kept about 4 years and sold to get the fiver so we could have a vehicle with us since we did not tow a car and did not want to buy a separate car for the RV. Anyway, thoughts about the Voyage that size and with the upgraded dinette and room inside?


Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS with lots of goodies
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers and along for the ride is Ketzel the wonder cat.

RFCN2

MT

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/25/12 10:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johny 31C - After 8 good years with Winnebago are you sure you don't want to stick with that brand? Overall cost and quality levels are about equal, but since you know Winny the transition to a new one of those should be easy. And show some loyalty to a good product.


RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited


Jonny 31C

Stevenson, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 04/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/26/12 03:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVER wrote:

I am considering a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32.8 ft. Has painted exterior which is quite handsome, has the Ushaped dinette. Some have sent me emails saying it is quite crammed feeling and others who own it say they LOVE it. I have a fifthwheel now and LOVE it but it is 2002 and so thought about going back to a MH(had an Winne Adventurer 1994) and loved it, bought it 1999 and kept about 4 years and sold to get the fiver so we could have a vehicle with us since we did not tow a car and did not want to buy a separate car for the RV. Anyway, thoughts about the Voyage that size and with the upgraded dinette and room inside?

The 33ft Voyage with 2 slides is actually a very roomy configuration. The only time it gets a little cramped up front is iwhen the queen size sleeper sofa is deployed. Other than that , we have spent countless nights with 2 dogs and 2 teenagers, very comfortably. Just like any other mh you have to learn the quirks.

Jonny 31C

Stevenson, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 04/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/26/12 04:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RFCN2 wrote:

Johny 31C - After 8 good years with Winnebago are you sure you don't want to stick with that brand? Overall cost and quality levels are about equal, but since you know Winny the transition to a new one of those should be easy. And show some loyalty to a good product.


I really struggled with this decision. The Winnebago is a fantastic product. The comparable coach is the Journey. I know that I would be very happy with the Journey but I had the chance to compare them side by side at a show last week and the Phaeton just had more bang for the buck. The bath and a half set up in the phaeton sealed the deal. I am really nervous to change product as I know all the little quirky things about my Winnebago, but I am the kind of guy that is going to dig into the coach to figure it out. I think Tiffin has a good reputation and I am ready to switch. Let's see if the dealer is ready.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > Trying to work a deal on a new Phaeton
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS