RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam phoning after 8:16 p.m.? Egads!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam phoning after 8:16 p.m.? Egads!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Finally Fulltiming

Summer: NYS Finger Lakes; Winter: Someplace warm

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I go to bed, so does my cell phone. And I don't turn it on in the am until the tea water is hot.

mobilefleet

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the reason the repair man didn't wanna come out is because motor club work doesn't pay much, and certainly not enough to work on a Sunday. If he's like me, it should be considered filler work at best. Folks seem to have this idea that they can get prompt service anywhere, anytime from their policy. That won't happen until clubs start paying better money for road service guys. So send me a PM when pigs start flying overhead.

belfert

Shoreview, MN, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the law requires a business to put you on their internal do not call list if you ask. This applies even if you have an existing business relationship.

My employer does a lot of telemarketing. We all got trained on do not call even though most of us have nothing to do with telemarketing. I accidentally misdialed a call to a business and got through to a residence. The guy screamed and yelled about being on the DNC even before I could figure out I dialed the wrong number.

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has been stopped as soon as I learned of it.

I am sorry

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

tahiti16

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Marcus, some telemarketers get a little overboard and some are just plain rude. They make it into all telemarketing groups for at least a short while. My daughter used to get upset with me for being short with telemarketers but then she got one one day that wouldn't quit! She changed her tune some after that. She has made her living doing telemarketing on and off for a long time and depending on what you are peddling how bad the job can suck.

BTW for business to business calling it is called cold calling and any salesman will tell you it is some of the most brutal selling you can do.

BTW on the allowance to call you it is if you CURRENTLY do business with them they can call you. Not positive what the amount of time is they have once you quit doing business with them before they have to drop your number.

One other thing that will void your no call is if you sign up for a contest, giveaway or sweepstakes that requests your number. In the fine print of the rules is allowing them to call you.

Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never answer my phone if I do not recognize the number. If it happens to be important, I will get the message when I listen to my voicemail. Nine times out of ten no message is ever left when I don't answer an unknown number and that is because nine times out of ten it was some type of telemarketer.

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

I'm never nice to "Telamarkerters", period, and I don't care who they are from, or representing. In very un-nice words, I tell them to remove our phone number and say something very nice to them, Ha Ha. And then I hang up on them. We believe there should be a law against "Telemarking" anything, Period. Telemarkerters are in the same class as all the "Junk Mail" that is also sent out by compaines, that should be against the law also. If we don't request info, none should be ever sent or called. Just our two cents worth. And the "Do Not Call List" is a joke. Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

wbwood

Mooresville/Troutman, NC area

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

wbwood wrote:

FunnyCamper wrote:

I bought me one of those new fangled contraptions called an answering machine also. works wonders on screening

Coupled with caller ID, you will never be hassled again! mwahahhahaha!

The fact that the phone rings is enough to disturb me (it's distracting and I have to interrupt what I am doing, even if only to check the caller I.D.). Until you tell them otherwise, they can legally call a customer, even if on the Do Not Call list.

Then don't give out your phone number....

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

FunnyCamper wrote:

I bought me one of those new fangled contraptions called an answering machine also. works wonders on screening

Coupled with caller ID, you will never be hassled again! mwahahhahaha!

The fact that the phone rings is enough to disturb me (it's distracting and I have to interrupt what I am doing, even if only to check the caller I.D.). Until you tell them otherwise, they can legally call a customer, even if on the Do Not Call list.

Jeannie

Lady Fitzgerald

Tempe, AZ, USA, Earth

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wbwood wrote:

...And the normal "not to call after time" is 9pm. At least it's what is supposed to be standard for marketing and collection calls.

Depends on the company calling. Some do it as late as 10 PM.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam phoning after 8:16 p.m.? Egads!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS