RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What vehicle was driven upon your initial DMV driving test ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> What vehicle was driven upon your initial DMV driving test ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took my test in the family car. A 1974 Caprice Classic. I did alright but, I was wide on the parallel park and I was told I took all my right turns to wide. I'd like to see some of these kids these days try to parallel park a car that big. lol

AstroRig57

near Tehachapi, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 12:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1fanman wrote:

AstroRig57 wrote:

1964 Mercury Comet with a 289. My older sisters car. Preferable to the two other cars in the family at the time which were a Ford Country Sedan Wagon and Chevy Sportvan.

I had a 1964 Comet Cyclone, best car I have ever owned, sure wish I could find it now, I would do a complete restoration on it.

I hear ya. That car was great. Before I could drive my oldest sister would often pick me and some of my friends up from school. They'd yell, "Smoke it" and she'd light the tires up.

At one point, it was stolen from the mall where she worked. It was recovered and all that had been taken were the tires and wheels...and the sun visors.

I too wish I could have that car back for a restoration.

Shopping. Sold 2005 31' Coachmen Freelander 3150SS, considering options.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

hilldude

Red house WV

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

53 Willies jeep.When pulled in between cones was up to curb, started to back up officer said to pull forward that was it. I was 17 and had been driving on the farm about three years by that time.

jalichty

Lander, Wyoming 82520

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1952 Ford Fairlane with a three-speed on the column and a pull-out overdrive. Took the test in 1959 or 60, so long ago I forget, but when it came time for the driving test the examiner, a friend of my dad's and practically everybody else in town, asked me if I drove up to the office, I said yes, he asked me if I had had any accidents on the way, I said no, he said, well you must have passed the driving test. Haven't had to take one since then, thankfully.

John A. Lichty

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1962 Cadillac Sedan de Ville (family car) for the first test.

Had to re-test after a move to another state - 1978 Corvette. Could not see the front of the car and knocked over lots of orange cones but passed anyway. The examiner couldn't see them either.

Iris

bogie514

Delaware, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1967 Chevy Impala 4 door with a 283 and the old 2 speed power glide transmission in 1976! My parents let me "have" the car - rusted out floor boards and all. Pop riveted in some old sheet aluminum and the think oil canned every time I went over a bump.

2007 Max Lite 23RS
2008 Silverado Crew Cab 4wd
Equil-I-zer hitch, Prodigy BC, McKesh Mirrors

Cliff_Michele

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 12:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

67 Chevy Pickup, red, 250ci 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree.

"If you think you can when you can't, you just might!"

No RV yet but getting closer! We are too old for this tent stuff!

Cliff and Michele (Humans)
Toby and Bailey (Bichons)

xteacher

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took my driver's test in Knoxville, TN on my 16th birthday, in my mom's 1972(?) Pontiac Grand Prix 454, 4 barrel carb. automatic. I only had to drive around a 2 block area, and I was done - amazing! I was so worried about parallel parking that thing, and I didn't even have to do it!

My mom made my dad put a bag of QuickCrete in the trunk of that car to keep it from peeling out of parking lots and away from stop signs - that car could flat out MOVE! My dad modified it with air shocks, and we actually pulled a two horse trailer with it - dumb I know, but we didn't know better back then...

DH took his driver's test, in Sarasota, FL, in his sister's 1970 Ford Pinto automatic. He took it in that car, rather than his family's car, a 1965 Comet Cyclone 289 automatic, to make parallel parking easier.

DH made a 94 on his test. I don't have a clue what I made on my test - I didn't care, as long as I passed.

Beth and Joe
3 Grown, Non-camping children
1 Future Camper - Granddaughter Alice (born 6/25/14 )
3 Camping Rescue Pups: Maddie (malti-poo/westie?), Sunny (toy poodle), and Jackson (boxer)

2014 Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB
2010 Nissan Pathfinder

belfert

Ham Lake, MN, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

'54 grunge green 3/4 ton Ford pickup with a granny 4 speed manual tranny. The four year old truck was a ranch truck that never saw but 1000 miles of paved road in its 25 year life. Had to drive 78 miles to the closest DL test center.
The tester saw where I lived and ask who drove me here. I told him I did. He shook his head and had me drive forward and back up and asked me what the hand signal were. Checked the trucks lights/tag/registration and issued my class D license.

These days driving yourself to a driving test appointment means you don't get to take the test that day. I believe you have to find someone to pick you up as you can't drive the car away unless you want a ticket for no driver's license.

ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 05:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

belfert wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

'54 grunge green 3/4 ton Ford pickup with a granny 4 speed manual tranny. The four year old truck was a ranch truck that never saw but 1000 miles of paved road in its 25 year life. Had to drive 78 miles to the closest DL test center.
The tester saw where I lived and ask who drove me here. I told him I did. He shook his head and had me drive forward and back up and asked me what the hand signal were. Checked the trucks lights/tag/registration and issued my class D license.

These days driving yourself to a driving test appointment means you don't get to take the test that day. I believe you have to find someone to pick you up as you can't drive the car away unless you want a ticket for no driver's license.

My daughter will be driving herself. She has a learner's permit. She just has to have me or her mom in the passenger's seat. Similar details may have been ommitted from some of these posts, however, I would not be surprised if some of these posters didn't solo to the testing site and get away with it.

ERS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> What vehicle was driven upon your initial DMV driving test ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS