|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> outdoor recliner

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've done a search on here and have read which brands are "preferred". I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down. I can't seem to find any at local stores so there will be no testing prior to purchase.

- Lafuma's - nice but very expensive.

- Faulkner - seems like middle of the road on price but couldn't find many reviews. This brand I can get through my RV dealer with a 15% discout.

- Infinity - Can get a "2-pack" of these on amazon for $120 total. They seem much cheaper than some of the others but I wonder if they are comfortable.....cant find many reviews on these either.

Edit: I AM aware of many of the other brands.....I've just narrowed down to these 3 brands. I'm leaning towards the Faulkner brand unless feedback encourages me otherwise.

Any suggestions? Recommendations appreciated.

BigSur2
2012 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
2006 Ford F150 5.4 V8

retiredtraveler

Woodstock Il --- GO HIKING!!!!

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never met a LaFuma I didn't like........

Pup: 2007 Jayco 1206 w/slide-out + shower
surge brakes, 54w solar panel
TV: 2005 Nissan Xterra 4X4, manual trans
25 years tent camping, 4000+ miles of hiking, lots of biking

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We sucked it up and popped for LaFumas about 6 years ago...They are still a favorite part of our camping...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

Joy

Henderson KY 42420

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have 2 LaFumas - Don purchased the second one because I forgot my first one and left it home one trip to the RGV and he didn't want to hear me cry because my favorite chair was home!!!!They are 10 & 11 yrs old and I love them!! I just restrung the older one and will do the other pretty soon. I definitely vote for LF over any others and I have tried several others!

See ya' down the road!

Don-SCPO USN Ret.Corpsman
Joy-Ret.Off.Mgr.
Maggie-Chihuahua
Chrissie-Chihuahua
Lucy-Jack/Rat
'06 42' Allegro Bus DP
'06 Saturn Vue

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems LaFuma is a fave ... do they make them in a lightweight model? I am buying new chairs this season as well and been trying to get opinions.

BARRY2010

North Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/C........&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104795280%3Bcat104267880

works great for us - and much cheaper !!!

JerryDT

Valley Springs, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for LaFuma,mine are well over 10 years old still in great shape,well worth the extra $$$.

Jerry Thompson
2003 Travel Supreme 38KS03
Tow - Jeep Wrangler

G7ARYM

Somewhere on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we got the rig I got one LaFuma because she liked it. That was followed by a $50.00 special the looked similar from a sporting goods store. There are also 3 or 4 assorted other chairs which make the trips. Upon setup the chairs come out and the one first taken by the dog is the LaFuma, always. They are not light or cheap but we don't backpack with them and after almost 6 years I have only bought it once. Try them all and get what you like.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigSur2 wrote:

I've done a search on here and have read which brands are "preferred". I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down. I can't seem to find any at local stores so there will be no testing prior to purchase.

- Lafuma's - nice but very expensive.

- Faulkner - seems like middle of the road on price but couldn't find many reviews. This brand I can get through my RV dealer with a 15% discout.

- Infinity - Can get a "2-pack" of these on amazon for $120 total. They seem much cheaper than some of the others but I wonder if they are comfortable.....cant find many reviews on these either.

Edit: I AM aware of many of the other brands.....I've just narrowed down to these 3 brands. I'm leaning towards the Faulkner brand unless feedback encourages me otherwise.

Any suggestions? Recommendations appreciated.

Big Sur,
We have 2 Lounge Lizards from Travel Chair, kind of in the same class as the Lafumas, meaning they're expensive. Ours were about $100 each on sale at REI about 8 years ago. Still like new after heavy use.

Having said that, the best advice I can give you is SIT IN IT BEFORE YOU BUY! The reason I say that is we shopped around for a while before I bought the Lounge Lizards and stopped at a sporting good store that had some lounge chairs on sale for $39.95. Since this was much cheaper that chairs I was looking at, I stopped in to check them out. I sat in the floor model and found it to be the most uncomfortable chair I had ever sat in. In fact, it was so uncomfortable I had to get out of the chair quick! We were in REI the next day and happened to pass by the Lounge Lizards. One test drive and we were sold. In fact, we didn't want to get up!

You're gonna spend some quality time in the chair, so find one that's comfortable for YOU.

2007 Tundra Crew Max
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Timbrens
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

RV daytrader

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reading your post got me looking for a couple recliners...found these at Overstock, $42 a chair and free shipping...I just ordered 2 of them.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Zero-Gravity-Chair-Beige/5249314/product.html

YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> outdoor recliner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: