|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> outdoor recliner

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Showme 5vr

Belton, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for the chairs from Cabels's. We've got 2 and they are great.

Steve & Judy 2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins Quad Cab LWB, 2011 Jayco Eagle 29.5RKS
Lifetime Good Sam Member

JimK-NY

fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought two Faulkner zero grav chairs. Mighty comfy. In a year of fulltime RVing we have used them twice. Now ready for the garbage. They are expensive and heavy and a real pain to deal with. When they go in the garbage - excuse me, trash - I will replace them with some simple light-weight chairs.

JaBob

Roswell, Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure whatever you buy fits in your storage compartment. Mine from COSTCO didn't.

Bob

my toys

Western MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got my Lafuma because it was the lightest one on the market at that time. Did you go to their website? Sometimes they have clearances. Good luck.

2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

aw207

nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 04:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's another issue with the chairs you might want to consider.

I bought 1 chair and asked my husband if he wanted one also but he didn't.. until he tried mine out and then it was apparent he needed his own if I was going to get a chance to sit in mine. We don't own the expensive brand but are happy with the 2 we have.

As we have a smaller 5th wheel, storage space is an issue. We travel with our chairs inside the trailer but hauling them in and out the door was a pain. The chairs are heavier that your regular lawn chair and somewhat awkward to carry. You need to grab the chairs in the right spot or they want to open up.

Then I found some resonably priced tote bags made for the anti-gravity type chairs. Great buy! Now we lay the tote on the picnic table, open it up and place the chair inside. Zip it and grab the handle on the bag and away we go. (I also like the fact that any dirt on the bottom of the chair is contained inside the closed bag)

Now instead of laying the chairs on the floor of the trailer and having to walk around them , we toss them up on the bed out of the way.

BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All good advice; thanks guys. I'll try to test one before I buy. Problem is we don't have many stores that carry them around here. Every once in awhile you'll see one somewhere. There's a Cabelas about an hour away....might have to make the drive!!!!!

BigSur2
2012 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
2006 Ford F150 5.4 V8

schrecker96

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have LaFumas that are about 10 years old. Have not found another brand I feel is comfortable enough. These chairs have been through a fire and still work. The got smoked out in the compartment. But I do find it is heavy and only take it out when we will be around for a while...hopefully the newer ones are lighter.

2010 Jayco Eagle 313RKS

TXcampingfamily

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My vote is with Cabelas. We have had ours for a couple of years. Love them! Can't sit in them without wanting to take a nap!! LOL

Gin & Mike + 2 TD (tax deductions)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta Bunkhouse
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 08:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aw207 wrote:

Here's another issue with the chairs you might want to consider.

I bought 1 chair and asked my husband if he wanted one also but he didn't.. until he tried mine out and then it was apparent he needed his own if I was going to get a chance to sit in mine. We don't own the expensive brand but are happy with the 2 we have.

As we have a smaller 5th wheel, storage space is an issue. We travel with our chairs inside the trailer but hauling them in and out the door was a pain. The chairs are heavier that your regular lawn chair and somewhat awkward to carry. You need to grab the chairs in the right spot or they want to open up.

Then I found some resonably priced tote bags made for the anti-gravity type chairs. Great buy! Now we lay the tote on the picnic table, open it up and place the chair inside. Zip it and grab the handle on the bag and away we go. (I also like the fact that any dirt on the bottom of the chair is contained inside the closed bag)

Now instead of laying the chairs on the floor of the trailer and having to walk around them , we toss them up on the bed out of the way.

GREAT post, and also addresses my dilemma. I would put the chairs in the floor of the TT when leaving and the weight of them and bulk they were such a nuisance. I will try the bags you mention when I buy new ones.

They are heavy, but I like them enough to where I want to find a workaround, and this might be just the thing.

BigSur2

Hampton, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish I could get more feedback on Faulkner. The ones listed in the dealer catalog and on most websites run about $115. I talked to my dealer today and they said they have them for $49 if they're bought directly from the parts dept.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> outdoor recliner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS