RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Good SamClub or other roadside assistance

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Good SamClub or other roadside assistance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Chakara

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I see simple things like a nail in a tire as simple. What if you are 20 miles deep in a National Forrest? What if you have hub seizure on one of your wheels and they have to dolly it or whatever they heck they do?

Anyone have any experience with more severe scenario's with their coverage?

-Chak

- 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 standard
- 2010 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 246RKS 28'

Link to my Blog with Techie stuff like LED's and Boondocking

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My insurance Company reimburses me for towing on both auto and RV - haven't had to use it on the RV. If yours does you may think twice about buying another roadside assistance policy. I also found that if I get a flat or other problem in a campground there has always been a fellow camper who will help - it's one of the things that attracted me to RV scene.

Kevin

dieharder

Ottawa, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam and Coach-Net are definitely not the same.

When evaluating, I have heard stories where Good Sam has left people on their own. I have yet to hear a story where Coach-Net told a client "Yeah, we can't find a provider. Good luck with that" and left them on their own. You can also call Coach-Net with any problem in your RV and they'll have a tech helping you through troubleshooting.

You need to be careful about CAA/AAA. Supposedly, there are some areas where they do not provide the service.

1999 Itasca Sunrise

ryansX6

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 02:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have AAA RV plan. We have not had to use them for the trailer but have used them for the car and we were very pleased with the service, esp since once we were out in the middle of no where.

Family of 6 w/ a KZ Sportsmen 314BH
2002 K2500 Suburban, 8.1L, 3.73

royST

ann arbor

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 02:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the RVers here would go either with Good Sam or Coach Net. I personally went with Coach Net. You can compare the two based on what are the most important things you're looking for and then just take it from there.

Mustang7370

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Good Sam and
Coach-Net
are the two most popular Emergency Road Service providers.
They are both good. You will get opinions on each.

What about AAA Premier RV? Ideas there?

Chris and Kelli Withers
Ferndale, WA.

Dragonfly

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/12 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I echo checking with Insurance providers about roadside assistance. My progressive policy premium was amazingly low and included roadside assistance which pulled me out of the mud and fixed a flat (including cutting the dually rims apart that had rusted together. Service was quick and no cost. Other companies are starting to compete with progressive on premiums these days, so shop it. My experience was insuring a 25 ft class C motor home. It is now sold. We shall see how coverage on a Truck Camper compares.

DRAGONFLY - 2014, 19' Airstream Flying Cloud, towed by a Ford F-150, 4WD, extended cab, long bed, with Ecoboost engine, max payload & tow pkg, and 8200 lbs GVWR

autorot8

N. CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AAA premier would not tow just my truck (not towing at the time). Instead just left me on the side of the freeway, told me "sorry, can't help you. Have a nice day". I will never have AAA again our recommend.

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 6.4l Hemi to pull my Prime Time Lacrosse 296BHS
"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

klundstrom

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used my Good Sam Roadside Assistant yesterday. It was a horrible experience. First the agent apparently wrote my telephone number down wrong. Then to make matters worse never tried the number listed on my membership. My initial call to Good Sam was at 9:10 am. I didn't get help until 12:35 pm. I am going to give Coach Net a try. HAS to be better.

Jackthewonderdog

United States

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 02:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have, which is why I don’t use them anymore. Look, Coachnet, GS, AAA, and others use the same providers in most areas. In some areas there is no alternative to the one or two providers covering the ground. If they are busy, unavailable for whatever reason, it does not matter which roadside service you have. Try getting Coachnet to respond to you on the NY Thruway. The only difference between these services is how many extra motorcycles /cars and other assorted toys they will cover and who they are registered to, not a big selling point in my book.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Good SamClub or other roadside assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS