|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Need Suggestions MI to AZ via I-44/40

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We need to make a quick trip to Phoenix from MI in two weeks. We will be traveling 55 to I-44 to I-40.

Due to other factors we will have 4 days to drive there and another 4 to come back after the visit and won’t be able to take the TT. If it was a different time of year I’d take the northern route back home and add a lot of time.

Have planned to visit some normal and not so normal spots and am looking for more quick visit suggestions as we don’t think we’ll get back this way soon. We will see Galena, KS (Tow Mater from movie Cars), Federal Memorial in Oklahoma City, Tucumcari NM, Old Town in Albuquerque, Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, and Cadillac Ranch.

We’ve already been through IL and MO several times so they are not in the agenda.

Sorry this was so long and thanks for the suggestions.

04 Dodge RAM Quad Crew Cab 4x4
08 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy Controller
Wife and myself, Lutheran Deacon, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two
Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log

trailertraveler

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Palo Duro Canyon is just South of I-40 near Amarilo, TX. In Albuquerque visit Petroglyph National Monument and the Pueblo Cultural Center. Acoma Sky City is the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the United States. There are several interesting places to visit near Grants, NM including inscription rock at El Moro National Monument. There are several places to visit in the Flagstaff area with Sunset Crater, Wupatki, and Walnut Canyon National Monuments being the closest.

There are many more interesting places along your route then you will be able to see in such a short time so you will have to choose those that interest you the most.

Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trailertraveler thanks. I've been in some of the cities back when I worked but DW and I are trying to put together some slow time for ourselves. I will try to add some of your suggestions.

Crabbin cabin, my son now lives in Gilbert and we will also be going through Payson to get my grand-daughter. For three days we will be up in Lake Havasau City with a SIL.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll try to put in as much as we can. Almost wanted to stay in Holbrook in a Teepee but passed.

Thanks again.

* This post was edited 02/25/12 07:28pm by dalenoel *

crabbin cabin

on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where in the Phoenix area are you headed? If eastern areas (Tempe/Mesa/ Apache Junction) turn off I40 at Holbrook and head for Payson then south to Mesa and ....
John

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Need Suggestions MI to AZ via I-44/40
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS