RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Would you stay at a shuttered SP for free as a caretaker?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would you stay at a shuttered SP for free as a caretaker?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Greyghost

Back in AZ for a while

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 12:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This content was deleted by Greyghost because without the content that was responded to this post is irrelevent.

* This post was last edited 02/26/12 04:21pm by Greyghost *   View edit history

Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2007 Honda CRV EX-L 4WD,
Jewel and Clifford Bouvier Des Flandres

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of course California is NOT going to do any such thing. I wouldn't do it either, if I was California.
IMO the total income must be increased in order to pay the proper help to do the job. And, we know that ain't going to happen either.
Me and my boys could solve the problem, but not for free.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

crudeman

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cannot speak for all COE parks but here in Ga on Lake Allatoona and surromnding areas, the campgrounds they close for the winter and some of the closed day parks that close for winter or permanetly closed for now have folks living on site. There is no mention of armed security or otherwise. Your a presence on the grounds and if trouble does arise you call either the rangers or the local LEO. When the campgrounds open the contract gate attendants come in and take your spot. They day parks generally have winter and summer volunteers.

Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the OP. I think you have a great idea.Too bad so many on here have to be so negative.Talk to your state representative and see what he or she thinks.

bluck

Silver City, NM 88061 USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No citizens arrest are allowed in NM. You can get in as much trouble as the person you are trying to arrest.

2004 Chevy.
Duramax-Allison
2004 Thor Mirage
Kawasaki Prarie 700

jiveturkey692000

NE PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you need is somebody to be there and alert the the right people that something is going on. It wouldnt have happened if somebody was there. The park was vandalized because people took advantage of the fact that, hey nobodys gonna see this. Lets have some fun. Call whoever you gotta call and see if its possible. Its a great idea. Nobody knows anything until somebody asks. Its nothing more than campground host work. OP said nothing about vigilante justice. Jeez get a grip lol.

Dan
96 Fleetwood Mallard, 30'
05 Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4 6.0 Powerstroke, CC, Lariat 8ft Bed "Redneck Cadillac"
82 Dodge Ram W350 4X4 Clubcab. 216,000 miles

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crudeman wrote:

Cannot speak for all COE parks but here in Ga on Lake Allatoona and surromnding areas, the campgrounds they close for the winter and some of the closed day parks that close for winter or permanetly closed for now have folks living on site. There is no mention of armed security or otherwise. Your a presence on the grounds and if trouble does arise you call either the rangers or the local LEO. When the campgrounds open the contract gate attendants come in and take your spot. They day parks generally have winter and summer volunteers.

That's business as usual at MANY parks. Eyes and ears is all most parks need to keep the riffraff out.

* This post was edited 02/25/12 08:50pm by an administrator/moderator *

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am encouraged but not surprised by your responces. Thank you and I will spend part of tomorrow preparing letters to my reps in the Assembly and Senate. As it happened we received a mailing from the State Parks today and I will write the commission members. I would like to quote all of you so I am glad a couple of posts were poofed. We do need to become more active in our parks while the economy is down so that when it recovers we will have offered to help and perhaps the powers in each and every state will recognise how important the parks are and how devoted we, the RVin community is to the parks.

Once again thank you and I'll let you know how things go. Oh yeah!, I didn't mean anything negative about the folks in Q, we have visited there and the couple that got us started in rockhounding had a lot there and spent their winters there. I just ment that it takes a special kind of person to live and boondock in the desert.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
1990 Bounder 27D
06 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

dakonthemountain

Crestline, California

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would stay there In a NEW YORK MINUTE!! (armed of course) However, even though I would do it alone, it would be MUCH more fun with a few like minded folks there for fun..... In any event, I HATE that this is happening in our beautiful state!!!

Dak

2007 Lance 1055 and Calvin, the 1996 creampuff Chev Silverado 3500 extended cab dually
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

JimK-NY

fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The park in question is a small park in the middle of the federal Mojave Preserve. It is well past time for the State of California to cede the park to the federal government. Based on recent history the State might be better off giving up on all the parks and lease them out to private enterprise. They seem to have plenty of money to continue with federal level oversight of automotive standards, food additives, chemicals, etc, etc. It seems well past time for the State of California to revise its mission. The poor little park is of very, very minor concern. Then again we don't want any political issues to taint this forum.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would you stay at a shuttered SP for free as a caretaker?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS