RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Reservation camping in Lake Louise and Jasper area.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska

> Reservation camping in Lake Louise and Jasper area.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
alaterreur

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see this year they are not taking reservation at Tunnel Mountain. We are planning to go to the area in July with a total of 5 campers. We want to stay approximately 1 week in Lake Louise area and 5 days in Jasper.

Is there a way to reserve 5 sites at one time or do each have to call and make reservation.. we would like to stay close together if possible..Full hook up would be great also..(one has small tanks)

Also does the reservation fill fast?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.. Great site.

JANETRUPP

Bullhead City, AZ and on the road..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experience is that it fills VERY fast. I am usually online at 5 or 6 am (Whenever they open for reservations) or you can call. Especially wanting hook-ups they go fast.
Lake Louise has electric only but nice large pull-thrus. We are 40' MH and had no problems.
In Jasper we prefer Whistlers Camp. Full hook-ups and large pull-thrus but then again I book as soon as it opens
Reservations
You can also call and explain that you all want to be near each other. 877-737-3783
Lake Louise reservations open April 3 7am (Alberta time)
Jasper reservations open April 2 7am (Alberta time)
At Whistlers in Jasper get a fire permit and you can have all the free wood you can burn.
Beautiful parks. Love it up there and going thru again next year on our way(or back) from Alaska.

Janet

Loving our life. Hubby and me and Buttons make three (our baby,poodle)
Our Baby Buttons is now at Rainbow Bridge
Monaco Diplomat 40' 4 slide
2012 Equinox tow

retiredtraveler

Woodstock Il --- GO HIKING!!!!

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just seconding the other opinion that the sites fill up fast. Yes, you need to line up your ducks and get on the phone the first day that the sites open up. They will fill up within days after that.
We're going to be doing a fly drive this year instead of camping and find that rooms in Field (close to Banff) are already 75% booked for the summer.
Gotta be quick on this........

Pup: 2007 Jayco 1206 w/slide-out + shower
surge brakes, 54w solar panel
TV: 2005 Nissan Xterra 4X4, manual trans
25 years tent camping, 4000+ miles of hiking, lots of biking

alaterreur

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does Wabasso sites big as my fifth wheel is 38 feet.

96Brigadier

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alaterreur wrote:

I see this year they are not taking reservation at Tunnel Mountain. We are planning to go to the area in July with a total of 5 campers. We want to stay approximately 1 week in Lake Louise area and 5 days in Jasper.

Is there a way to reserve 5 sites at one time or do each have to call and make reservation.. we would like to stay close together if possible..Full hook up would be great also..(one has small tanks)

Also does the reservation fill fast?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.. Great site.

I book online, when I am camping with someone else I put into the notes who I am camping with and ask to be placed close to them. I've had pretty good success with that, from my experience they do make an attempt to keep you close together (if not right beside each other).

If you don't need full hookups then consider Wabasso campground at Jasper. It is about 10 minutes from town, there are power only sites or no hookups. It doesn't fill up like Whistler's does.

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Megacab Laramie, 6.7L CTD
Truck weight 8,448 lbs with hitch, wife, two kids, full load of diesel
2010 Keystone Cougar 293SAB
Pin Weight 1,800 lb, Trailer Weight 10,300 lb
(Loaded for camping w/ full water tank)

crabbin cabin

on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At Lake Louise you do not get a site assignment at the time of reservations(if my memory is still working since 2009) - but only when you actually check in. They will try to get you all close together IF you all arrive together. Their electric sites are big and wide but double - that is you face one way and the folks next to you face the opposite; then there is a treed space between that and the next double site.

Good luck and enjoy the National Parks!

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

retiredtraveler wrote:

We're going to be doing a fly drive this year instead of camping and find that rooms in Field (close to Banff) are already 75% booked for the summer.
Gotta be quick on this........

Lake Louise is only 20 / 25 minutes east of Field BC, Banff is another 50 / 60 minutes east of Lake Louise. Golden BC is about 30 / 35 minutes west of Field.
The reason that the accommodation fill up fast is because Filed is the size of a postage stamp and there are no huge hotels in the town, B&B's and some renatl houses is about it. However it has been a couple of years since I have driven that section of Hwy, so they could have built a mega resort in town by now!
Soup

2014 Open Range LF318LS Light
2007 Sierra SLE, 2500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Transmission

96Brigadier

Calgary, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alaterreur wrote:

Does Wabasso sites big as my fifth wheel is 38 feet.

Our fifth wheel is 33.5' total length, 35.5' with the bike rack out the back. I had no difficultly getting it into our site this past summer with the bike rack extended. As always depends on the site, but they're pretty good about putting you in the right site based upon your length.

This past summer there were a lot, and I mean a LOT, of bears in the campgrounds. We had a black bear go through our site the first day we arrived, in four days we saw a total of 7 bears. The park rangers do a pretty good job of steering the bears away with bear bangers, they were definitely kept hopping.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska

> Reservation camping in Lake Louise and Jasper area.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS