RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Bush brothers strike again...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Bush brothers strike again...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When are they going to start racing clean, instead of throwing blocks and taking the field out. maybe they will pull that stunt tomorrow and we will see the beginning of the end of their stupidity.

* This post was edited 02/25/12 02:51pm by an administrator/moderator *

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Tom in CT

right behind you

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking that was their strategy. Kurt goes and wreck the field while Kyle drops back and swings around the mess. Almost worked too.

Tom in CT

right behind you

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watch Kurt's line through the corner, he enters the corner right on the yellow line and moves all the way up to the white line ~1 lane off the top at the point of the crash.Bayne didn't come down into Kyle, he was still against Tony who was up against the wall. Kyle kept coming up into him, rotating around into the tail of Logano.

Kyle Busch in the 54, which Kurt is sharing a ride in this year, was set for the win if he hadn't been clipped by the #6 going low to avoid the wreck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNpYUywMGY

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a great start for Kurt's so called "Redemption Year."

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom in CT wrote:

Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking that was their strategy. Kurt goes and wreck the field while Kyle drops back and swings around the mess. Almost worked too.

I just finished reviewing the video, over and over.
So, are you speculating that Kyle actually had something to do with causing this crash? The reason I'm asking is because Kyle had totally separated himself from Kurt, and had dropped back, and THEN the #20 and #60 come into view (having passed Kyle), and then Tony and Elliot are seen coming to pass Logano, and Kurt then moves up, like attempting to block Logano.
Therefore, if one is to guess that Kyle had something to do with causing this crash it would have to be that he had previously requested Kurt to sacrifice his public standing further, and block/crash everyone(including crashing his own car), so that Kyle could have clear sailing to the checkered flag.

I just looked at it again. Now, I see that LOGANO moved up to block Tony, before Kurt gets involved.

I'll look at it again.

Yes, Logano goes up to block Stewart, and the #60 moves down and hits Kurt on the right-rear corner, AND TURNS kurt's nose towards the wall!

Kurt did NOT cause the wreck.

* This post was edited 02/25/12 05:31pm by Cloud Dancer *

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 02:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, it was an excellent day for the Busch haters. Tomorrow, there will be one more chance for my guys to win the big Daytona 500. At least the Busch Bros won't be in tandem.

GO TONY!
GO KYLE!
GO KASEY!

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 06:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm still dissecting the videos, stop-action isolating different frames.
First of all, "blocking" is a deliberate placement of a driver's car IN FRONT of the opponent's car. Kurt Busch did not do that. The only one I detect doing this is Joe Logano. In the moments before the crash, there were 3 lanes being occupied. The Kurt lane, the Logano lane, and the Tony lane. It looks like Logano moved up into Tony's lane, placing his car in front of Tony's car. Logano's action caused the separation between his car and the car that was pushing him. In tandem racing, this causes the slowing of both cars.
The very first sign of causal action is when a car starts to yaw. The first sign of yaw came as a result of contact between Trevor Bayne's left front and Kurt's right rear. This contact started Kurt's yaw. What follows is a frame which shows both bars yawed towards the wall, Kurt towards Logano and Trevor towards the path of Tony.
So, who should be faulted?

At the real time of the crash, I had two feeds to my TVs, Time Warner cable ESPN and Direct TV Speed Channel. I kept viewing both until I was sure they were not showing any more Daytona. I did NOT see a single interview of Kurt Busch, much less him saying he deliberately blocked. Like I said, his racecar did NOT block. He would need to be in FRONT of someone in order to move into their lane,....in order to have a chance of blocking.

Bucky Badger

Madison, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God know noone else in NASCAR EVER BLOCKS...The haters are out in full force

Fred & Jodie, dogs, Mika, Keiko and Emma

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 11:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kurt admitted he went up to block. Just remember, he is having FUN this year.

JayGee

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What Cloud said and.... Sure he went up to block or to side draft, he had lost Kyle's push when the outside cars passed him and broke that draft, but I don't think he went up to wreck himself and the others. They all block if they are leading and they want to win.

Go Kyle.
Go Jr.
Go Tony.

Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Bush brothers strike again...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire