|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> ReadyBrute towbar with ReadyBrake

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MSHappyCampers wrote:

I've got a question. If you are using an exhaust brake on the MH and the Ready Brake or any other brand that operates by pressure from the toad against the MH, it seems that the toad brakes will be applied when the exhaust brake activates. Any thoughts on this!

When my Jake brake is slowing the coach down, the ReadyBrake can activate if the deceleration rate is high enough. But it is a proportional braking system so the degree to which it activates is governed by how fast you are slowing down. If I'm coming down a mountain the ReadyBrake is not on if I am maintaining a particular speed; it engages when I slow down.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

docj wrote:

MSHappyCampers wrote:

I've got a question. If you are using an exhaust brake on the MH and the Ready Brake or any other brand that operates by pressure from the toad against the MH, it seems that the toad brakes will be applied when the exhaust brake activates. Any thoughts on this!

When my Jake brake is slowing the coach down, the ReadyBrake can activate if the deceleration rate is high enough. But it is a proportional braking system so the degree to which it activates is governed by how fast you are slowing down. If I'm coming down a mountain the ReadyBrake is not on if I am maintaining a particular speed; it engages when I slow down.

I talked to a guy at Ready Brake company today and he told me that the Ready Brake should never activate when the exhaust brake is used. He said that if it does then the cable to the toad brake pedal is probably too tight. You might want to give them a call.

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> ReadyBrute towbar with ReadyBrake
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: