|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Hershey Pa

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
ohiomom01

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at staying at the Hershey HIghmeadow camground. Has anyone stayed there and does anyone have suggestions for good sites??

Sprinter 311 BHS hauled by Ford Super Duty Dualie
DH- the man of the house
11 yo DD
4 yo DS

Dr Quick

M'boro, Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at High Meadow almost 2 years ago in early October. It is a fairly nice place, except for one thing. There is an active two track rail road freight line at the back of the campground, and trains ran day and night. If you stay at the back, you get the "feel" of the trains, but if you stay at the front, you get the highway noise.

I probably would not stay there again in the future.

Dr Quick

YnotTurbo

Waldorf Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just asked the same question last week. I booked a spot until I found out that the widest pull thru site was only 15 feet wide according to the lady at the campground. We opted out for a campground that seems to be a lot nicer and does not have a train near by. Here is the campground we will be staying at for a week. http://www.twingrove.com/ Hope this helps you out and welcome to the forum.

Ynot

Navy Chief (Ret.)Still working. 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie w/6.7 High Output, 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/YnotTurbo/2012RamCamper.jpg

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hershey Highmeadow Campground is a decent place to stay if you plan to be at Hershey Park and/or the other Hershey attractions all day. If you plan to camp, I'd find another campground.

-Michael

Michael Girardo :: michael@ecxc.com
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer
Four Green Feet

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought the campground was very nice. There are lots of trees and grass. There's a stream running thru parts of it. They have a well stocked gift shop and a nice pool. As for the train. If you're on the highway side you won't notice. I happen to like trains and specifically got a spot near the tracks. There just something about the power, sight, and fell of a freight train rolling by. My 18 month old son loves to make the train whistle sound.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll 2nd the Twin Grove campground. It's about 25 miles north of and an easy drive to Hershey.

HHfundays

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hershey high meadow suffered from sever flooding, over 10 ft this past fall. The gift shop building was totally flooded. Google pictures as it was an amazing once I. A life time flood. Double check that the bathrooms are open and not just port a pot shower combos. I would ask about what amenities they will have open during your stay. Most were severly damaged during the flood. The only reason we stay her is for the park or rv show. The pull thru sits are very close and I always worry about my rv when the person next to us lights a fire. They do have a very convient bus that takes you to the park and you get the discounted rates for staying on Hershey's property. These are the reasons we stay here.

somdcampers

southern maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed there last fall for Halloween festivities. Everyone was so nice and apologized for the clean up from the storm. If you stay in the middle of campground it isn't that bad. Plus they have shuttles going to and from the parks which was really nice. Kids got a ton of candy trick or treating. Almost all the campers decorated. We are going again this year to try them again after renovations.

Lucas874

Kingston, NH

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, I am surprised to learn about the flood damage the campground experienced. We have reservations there this July. Can anyone out there comment about the current condition of the campground? Should I be looking for another place to stay?

2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS
2011 Ford F-350 CC Lariat 6.7

HHfundays

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 03:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lucas874 wrote:

Wow, I am surprised to learn about the flood damage the campground experienced. We have reservations there this July. Can anyone out there comment about the current condition of the campground? Should I be looking for another place to stay?

Because it is part of Hershey Park, I think most of it will be ready. After all they have the means and equipment to get it done. I would call and ask. We haven't been there since Thanksgiving week and at that point the bathrooms were portapot type trailers, the store was in a trailer, but we did have a new table, fire ring, and electric box at our site. I would just give them a call to check to see if things are repaired. Did you find pictures of the flooding? We were there the following week for the RV show and the campground was closed. The water line in the trees was amazing. It had to be scary to be there during the flood. We couldn't believe the height of the water.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Hershey Pa
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS