RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: keystone cougar, black water pull, need help?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> keystone cougar, black water pull, need help?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Roy/Sharon

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a problem draining my black water. i drained it once, closed the valve, put 15-20 gallon fresh water in through toilet. drained gray and galley, closed valves. then pulled blackwater and "nothing" came out. Its like the valve doesn't work. Any ideas PLEASE. I'm camp host in Ocala National Forest, Big Scrub campground. Nearest paved road is 5.5 miles. Could the valve be broke? I'm not sure of what to do. Thanks for any Help..

2007 keystone, cougar 31.5ft Three manual pulls. No easy access.

KCFDCapt

At Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Sydney came from the factory with the handles mislabeled. The labels said the front handle was the black tank. That was WRONG!! The center handle is the black tank. You may find your black tank is the center tank too.

Drain all three tanks. Put water in the black tank only. Open the valves one at a time and see which tank has fluid in it. Label that handle black.

I can tell you about trying to rinse a black tank when the valve is closed due to being mislabeled.

USAFBILL

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Cougar came with the black cut out disc still in the tank and it eventually blocked the out flow. Reversed the pressure with a black flush and that cleared it until I could get to the dealer and have the tank pulled..Good Luck

portliz

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not much help for the poster but we had a keystone rig and our tanks were mislabeled as well. Sounds like a jokster is on duty at keystone!!!

Roy/Sharon

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been using the cougar for two years now and have not had an issue as to which tank pull is which. This is the first time the tank won't drain when the pull is opened. Labeling is OK, thanks, We have always used the proper toilet paper and chemicals, as well as using enough water as to not cause a jam. Its been through thousands of cycles. Can the pull valves fail? Like, pull and not open? Thanks

Roy/Sharon

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

usafbill, I never thought of this, how did you figure it out?

lanerd

Ridgecrest CA or Newport OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This might be asking for trouble, but can you stick something up the drain to the black tank gate and feel if it is moving when you pull the handle? Sure sounds like the handle has come loose from the gate....but not sure if the handle would come all the way out.

If the gate isn't moving, then you have a handle problem... if the gate does move then you have a blockage. If blockage, and as mentioned above, get one of those clear drain adapters (like Flush King) and try to back flush by forcing water back up into the tank.

Good luck

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on of two things either you have a blockage or the handle came off the blade in which case the handle would be in your hand. If it isn't then you have a blockage and you will need to keep that water in there for as long as you can and hopefully it will soften things up so it will flow again

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 10:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the valve is cable operated...the cable has come off of the valve stem.

If it's the cut-out disc lodged in outlet of tank or in valve...doubtful it would stop ALL flow. Is anything trickling out when valve should be open?

To fix broken cable......have to open up enclosed underbelly.......either remove screws & belly OR cut access hole (3 sides & bend it down) in area of tanks/valves. Then repair the 'window' with tape/caulking/EternaBond.

To dislodge disc.......blasting water up drain pipe or down thru toilet but even if successful the disc is still in tank. To remove.....need to access tank/valves (see above) and remove dump valve then fish around until you find disc and bend it up to remove then reinstall dump valve and fix 'window' (see above). This being a 5'vr...removing toilet and attempting to get disc from above is near impossible due to length & drop of dump line from toilet to tank.

Best of luck.......

Roy/Sharon

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

old guy, thanks, I will look into the blockage, the handle is still attached.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> keystone cougar, black water pull, need help?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS