|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Extra Charges at Florida RV Snowbird Park

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/12 11:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have stayed at hundreds of parks where I paid the elec. I cannot remember ever staying at one where there wasnt a meter reading charge.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 12:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A private business can charge anything they like for services. It is up to you to choose if you will use them or not.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

want-a-be

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 04:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tripalot wrote:

This morning we checked out of the park we had been at for a month. We knew we had to pay our electric bill based on our meter reading. What was a surprise was the extra charge of $9.75 we had to pay for them reading the meter and preparing the bill. Seemed like a rip-off to us and another "Florida surprise". Anyone else run across this?

What was the name of the park?

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 05:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tripalot wrote:

....another "Florida surprise".

Oh, I really doubt the State of Florida had anything to do with it.

It would be better if they just 'built in' the charge to the total bill, than nobody would gripe about it.

Just like the airline baggage charge. Just go up $15 on your ticket prices and nobody says a thing, but itemize the rip-off charges and it's in everybody's face, and gives us something to complain about!

thecampingman

Wilmington, OH, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems reasonable to me especially if they're charging the standard rate per KWH.
It's a whole lot better than Indian Creek where they charge you a flat $89/mo for electric usage....Now THAT'S a rip off.

'03 GMC 4500 Topkick with Duramax/Allison
'04 36' McKenzie Medallion triple slide
Cabover kayak racks w/18' touring kayaks.
Bicycle carrier on the front with a street bike & a mountain bike
Snowbird W/Ohio camper dock

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmywestie wrote:

We got a surprise 8.50 for the same thing here in AZ. Apparently they have found a new way to raise the rent!
Check the law in AZ. That was made illegal a couple years back. File a complaint with the AZ PUC and you will get a refund.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

lbrjet

Gold Canyon, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 08:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't let a 32 cent per day charge ruin my day. You will probably spend $9.75 in gas within the first 20 minutes traveling to the next park.

2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

luvmywestie

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

luvmywestie wrote:

We got a surprise 8.50 for the same thing here in AZ. Apparently they have found a new way to raise the rent!
Check the law in AZ. That was made illegal a couple years back. File a complaint with the AZ PUC and you will get a refund.

I'm not sure if that would apply here. We are on an Indian Reservation. We are not letting it "ruin our day" as one of the other posters suggested, but it is still frustrating. I don't know why they don't just charge $8.50 more per month for rent and skip the extraneous charge. It is irritating to get these things when you don't know to expect them and a person starts to feel they are being gouged bit by bit when parks, or any business, does this sort of thing.

The park we are at is raising the monthly fee by 22% next year, so we are moving on. We voice our feelings with our wallets.

hitchup

Fulltiming and on the Road.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were in a St Louis park and were paying $150 extra a month just for a pull-through site. One day while exercising the generator and totally unhooked, we discovered the meter still spinning. Apparently, 1 or 2 of the street lights were running off our meter. Brought it up to the owner and he said it wasn't much extra, but then we told him the glass in the lamp was broken and running 24/7 since we had been there for the last 4 mos.

They didn't seem too concerned. But we didn't pay any extra over our electric deposit when we moved out.

2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

H345

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While checking in at a Florida park they mentioned a $3.00 per day resort fee ! This was not disclosed anywhere in their paper ads or internet web site .

I had the clerk stop and help the people in line behind me while I consulted my trip sheet . When she finished , I let them know that I would be staying elsewhere . It was not the dollar amount , but the lack of integrity by not disclosing the additional fees .

Campgrounds , through their lack of behavior and ethics , will put themselves out of business .

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Extra Charges at Florida RV Snowbird Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS