RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Boliy Generator: 3600SEI..good/ no good.?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Boliy Generator: 3600SEI..good/ no good.?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
welove2drive

Southwestern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased the electric start Boliy. Had to get a replacement fuel gauge for it and added a fuel filter. Happy with it. At this point it only has a little use here at home and one trip but no problems so fare.
I would purchase one again if I needed a gen. I see now that you can also add a remote start and ext. run fuel tank to these from a place out of Florida I believe. Found it on line. Happy camping.

Dave and Marcia
02 Ford F350SD 4X4 SRW Longbed, 7.3PSD Auto
07 Flagstaff 829RGSS

worldfamuspat

Las Vegas

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Boliy and love it. I do have to confess that I had to clean out the fuel tank due to plastic that I found from assembly in china...It runs everything fine and is quite.

DHDB

Walpole,MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 02:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpsims wrote:

The one problem I do have is the battery for the electric start won't charge. The wires to the battery are soldered on to it and it appears that no charging voltage is being provided. Not a big deal since it starts with one or two pulls, but would be nice to figure out what's going on.

That also happened to mine. Battery would not recharge. Call Boliy and tell them, they will send you a new part to replace and it will fix the problem.

Cedarhill

Deep South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it quite or is it quiet?

CampinEarls

Tyndall, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my Boiley, I haven't run it much this winter so the battery goes down, but at the most 2 pulls on the rope and it fires right up!

2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

bpsims

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a video comparison of the noise difference between the Boliy 3600 and a Yamaha 3000 I put together a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHZ21AvxsA

It runs my 15,000 AC in the summer when temps are over 100F. I do have a hard start capacitor installed.

The one problem I do have is the battery for the electric start won't charge. The wires to the battery are soldered on to it and it appears that no charging voltage is being provided. Not a big deal since it starts with one or two pulls, but would be nice to figure out what's going on.

2010 Forest River Flagstaff 26WRB
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 DC 4X4

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpsims wrote:

Here's a video comparison of the noise difference between the Boliy 3600 and a Yamaha 3000 I put together a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHZ21AvxsA

It runs my 15,000 AC in the summer when temps are over 100F. I do have a hard start capacitor installed.

Great video. I kind of felt the two models had different harmonic tones? Loud vs the pitch was interesting. But hey my ears are wearing out like the rest of me! Lol

joelabq

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 10:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The two our family purchased were pieces of ****! They both failed within 2 years Hope that helps! My dad loves his Honda, and I love my Yammy 2400.

For not much more, the yammy 2400 runs all the same loads for me (A/C included) but with less noise. I compared them with a db meter.

2007 Chevy Duramax 3500 srw LBZ/Allison 4x4 CCLB
2013 Wildcat 312bhx-ok

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is one downside of them. The quality is getting better, but because there are so many generations, parts may become a problem.

From what I see, red/blues are more of repair/maintain items, while the Chinese generators tend to be chuck and buy a new one when they go bad.

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen some good things about Boliys. There is a twelve part video on YouTube about installing an extended run tank and a remote start, and even though it required a lot of cutting, crimping, and adeptness with a soldering iron, just the fact it is possible makes it nice.

I love watching how the Chinese generators are getting better and better. The more quiet generators out there, the better.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Boliy Generator: 3600SEI..good/ no good.?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS