RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Cosidering used 2008 Challenger, need insight

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Cosidering used 2008 Challenger, need insight

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rhochnadel

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know if you bought the unit or not. Here is some more info. The holding tanks are not heated except for the furnace air circulating in the undercarriage area. I have had to open up my undercarriage area to install the fresh water tank (that is another story), I found no tank heaters. Insulation in the ceiling and walls is very minimal. Our son used our travel trailer for his first year of school at Colorado State University, he said the trailer filled his needs at the time. Our present Challenger is a 34 foot long unit with 3 slide-outs. We live in it quite comfortably 6 months out of each year. We spend winters in either Texas or Arizona so we are quite comfortable. If you need any help with anything regarding the Challenger feel free to PM me, I can give you many helpful bits of advice. Good luck in your school.

'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance"

cabanaman

florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 02:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure why there is rust on the frame especially from arizona.My 2007 open road has spent most its life in florida.It has made some cross country trips and has no rust on the frame at all.Some areas on the roof can feel springy just because it is an large expance of plywood.Unless there is some evidence of water intrusion I would not be concerned.The price is about average,I would make it the "out the door" price.Have the bearings inspected and repacked and the brakes inpected and adjusted at the same time.

* This post was edited 03/06/12 03:05pm by cabanaman *

Retired Navy
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 6.7 cummins,6 speed auto,exhaust brake. Emissions removed.
2007 Open Road 378SA4S-5,equa-flex and morryde X factor,wet bolt kit,michelin ltx M/S 2 tires

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Cosidering used 2008 Challenger, need insight
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS