|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need to replace clearance lamps

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Rhyph

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

I'm trying to find a source for replacement clearance lamps on the roof of our coach. It is a 1997 American Tradition. The red lamps on the rear have finally deteriorated to the point where the lenses on them are cracking, and they are starting to seep some water into the fixtures. I called Fleetwood and they want some insane $29/each for the red ones on the rear cap, and $17/each for the amber on the front. I couldn't get Fleetwood to tell me who made them.

Has anyone tackled replacing them before, and can tell me what's involved or what to expect when I pull them off? I want to replace them all, but I don't want to touch them to see what wiring is present (are they two-wire or ground via screw), etc as they will most likely fall apart when I do... then there's no return without a suitable replacement at hand.

Does anyone know who made them and is there an aftermarket equivalent replacement? Would love to go LED. I don't want to get into crazy modification, so I would be grateful for any ideas on something that's a close fit, and a source to order them. My google searches return the typical generic stuff, but they don't look very nice, or you can't find matching red for the rear.

They sort of look like Pacer Performance 20-105, but only come in amber, so that won't work for the rear.

Thanks in advance!

1997 American Tradition 38TTF
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 CC Toad
1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan Toad #2
2014 Ram 3500 CC 4x4 Longhorn

patinlouisiana

Baton Rouge, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can find them in any busy campground
Just don't get caught.

Seriously though there should be some type of registered "Mark" in the lenses that could be traced to a manufacturer.

I never get lost! Someone always tells me where to go!

2012 Prime time Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4X2

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it were me, I would replace the entire assembly with LED lights. Many mfg use Bargman lamps. Check below to see if you can get a match. I would remove one of the front lamps, since they are the least necessary lamp and get the SAE number off the lens. A google search will let you know the mfg. Then, upgrade....here's the link..look at #37 or #99.....Dennis

Bargman LED

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ryder/

If water is/has gotten, then replace the hold light assy.

FormerBoater

South Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rhyph wrote:

Howdy!

I'm trying to find a source for replacement clearance lamps on the roof of our coach. It is a 1997 American Tradition. The red lamps on the rear have finally deteriorated to the point where the lenses on them are cracking, and they are starting to seep some water into the fixtures. I called Fleetwood and they want some insane $29/each for the red ones on the rear cap, and $17/each for the amber on the front. I couldn't get Fleetwood to tell me who made them.

Has anyone tackled replacing them before, and can tell me what's involved or what to expect when I pull them off? I want to replace them all, but I don't want to touch them to see what wiring is present (are they two-wire or ground via screw), etc as they will most likely fall apart when I do... then there's no return without a suitable replacement at hand.

Does anyone know who made them and is there an aftermarket equivalent replacement? Would love to go LED. I don't want to get into crazy modification, so I would be grateful for any ideas on something that's a close fit, and a source to order them. My google searches return the typical generic stuff, but they don't look very nice, or you can't find matching red for the rear.

They sort of look like Pacer Performance 20-105, but only come in amber, so that won't work for the rear.

Thanks in advance!

You can get these teardrop clearance light lenses at many truck parts wholesalers. I purchased mine at L&L Distributors in Pompano Beach (954)-979-1200. Just describe them and give them the SAE number that is found on the lens.

Very inexpensive.

Replacement is very easy, take off the old, install the new and apply some silicone around the the lens and fill in silicone on top of the screw.

L&L will sell you the complete light assembly or just the lens. I recommend you just replace the lens and bulbs if necessary.

Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need to replace clearance lamps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS