RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Miele Vacuum cleaner?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Miele Vacuum cleaner?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
lwmuddy

So.carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've spent the last couple of days researching a new Vacuum.
I came here over a year ago searching for suggestions and most folks went for the Dyson.
We decided on the Hoover Canister and it sucks (good suck) greats and performs all the tasks that it is supposed to do, but we're tired of dragging it behind us with it's stiff hose, which could be a bit longer.

I have researched the Dyson Bagless uprights and find we don't need such an expensive, Star Trek looking vac. Not to mention it is completely plastic, as are most vacs today.

After an exhaustive search I decided on the Miele S7210 upright bag type. The same price everywhere is $429 and mostly freight included and no tax. I watched a bunch of video demos from consumers, plus the factory demos in Germany.

Anyone here have a Miele bag type upright and what do you think?

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not a full timer, so I take This, along with a sponge mop. Neither one takes up much storage space or makes noise. Then a more thorough cleaning when I get home. And the Bissel is a LOT cheaper than a vacuum.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

georgelesley

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get the Dyson canister. All the deep cleaning power you need, light enough to carry in one hand and vacuum with the other. Heavy duty construction and still easy to empty. Love it.

George & Lesley
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A

emzee

california

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the Miele cannister type vac for a couple of years, I hated vacuuming with it because of dragging the cannister behind me. I got the upright dyson and have to say, all those that told me to get one were right. My Miele broke, (the power cord retractor, if you pulled it out it would stop running) and all my friends with the dyson vac were still running great. Mine had little throw away bags, weren't easy to find.

J-mans Dad

SF Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Meile canister type for the sticks and bricks house. Good suction, variable power level, quiet, actually very quiet. Good for those with allergies. We order the HEPA filters and bags from Amazon.
Had an issue with the cord retractor. Just removed it and replaced it with a 25' cord.

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know you are asking for opinions on the Meile, but I wouldn't rule out Dyson. I don't have and have never used a Meile (don't know anyone that has one either), but I can't imagine that it could do better than our Dyson. We've had ours for almost 10 years and it works just as well as it did the day we brought it home. You can certainly get a Dyson for $429 or less depending on the model and where you purchase. They also get put on sale from time to time as well.

When we were looking at the Dyson, we borrowed one from a friend of ours to try it out. I vacuumed the carpet twice with our existing vacuum with a new bag each time. The second bag had very little dirt in it. Then I used the friend's Dyson. I couldn't believe how much more it picked up. You wouldn't have thought we had vacuumed at all. That sold us. Yes, it is made of plastic, but we haven't had a single part break and there are none on it I think look fragile.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it is worth...whatever you get, I recommend getting one with a bag...

For us, the "bagless" models sound convenient but are a hassle and are messy to empty.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

ETex2

E. Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife did a TON of research into vacuum cleaners several months ago, and bought the Meile upright. It's been a great product for us and I'd do it again.

MrsSoCalToolGuy

Fountain Valley Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 02:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow I went in the opposite direction, we had an uprite Oreck and loved it....But after moving from our rv back into a house with 16 sq feet of wood floors, I wanted a canister vac.. I too researched the different models and decided on a Miele. A little pricy but it's great for bare floors, furniture, carpets and getting under and around furniture.. Something my uprite could not do..

Barb

2001 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
2011 Scion XB

lwmuddy

So.carolina

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today I started looking at the Oreck Baged upright.
It seems to be just a plain old vac without bells and whistles.
We like the bag so no dust gets around like when you dump the clear container.

I like the fact that Oreck's are used in hotels and they could afford the very best if need be. We considered also getting a little hand held for upholstery and crevices.The search continues.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Miele Vacuum cleaner?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS