RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Gas/diesel prices getting scary...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Gas/diesel prices getting scary...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mogman

Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas here in Vancouver is basically $ 1.45/liter = roughly $ 6.50/ imp. gallon.
Predictions are possibly $ 1.75/liter (or more) by summer =$ 7.90/imp. gallon.

Enjoy your $3.40 gas while you can!

'11 Ford E350 extended SD. 6.8 V10 3.73
'12 Lance 1685

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cpaharley2008 wrote:

With daily increases and no end in sight, I'm getting a little uneasy not only with camping but the economy in general. I thought of downsizing my Hemi to a V-6 for economy but the 2-3 mpg difference is not economical. But the car dealer was saying that once it hits $5 he will be out of business. Then I was thinking about RV dealers and boat dealers.
I thought we were on the road to recovery but it seems that road has taken a detour. Anyone else feeling a little uncomfortable with what is happening?
Pretty soon we will all be driving 4 cyl and pulling popup campers just to go camping!! I'm afraid for the heavy and big campers as well as other recreational activities.

What is going on camping wise in countries where gas is already 2x our current prices?

cpaharley2008

york,pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chaos, just look at Greece!!

2009 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4 11,300miles- lifetime warranty
2012 Toyota FJ-500 miles
2014 Escape 21' All Season trailer

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's just not the gas that's going to go up.. Just went grocery shopping today and just about everything in the store costs more than it did a month ago...

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! Happy Camping!

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 12:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

It's just not the gas that's going to go up.. Just went grocery shopping today and just about everything in the store costs more than it did a month ago...

Mitch

That is a fact. I have mentioned it but the Crunchy Chicken at Taco John's is still the same price BUT the FREE cup of ranch dip is now $.29.

The thing that concerns me most is that me and others may have about the same income 20 years from now when things are 200-300% more expensive.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

MitchF150 wrote:

Mitch

That is a fact. I have mentioned it but the Crunchy Chicken at Taco John's is still the same price BUT the FREE cup of ranch dip is now $.29.

The thing that concerns me most is that me and others may have about the same income 20 years from now when things are 200-300% more expensive.

x2 on the income. My retirement $ is fixed for life. When gas, food, health ins goes up, somethings gotta give. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire at 56. I'm 59 now. I am still weighing out when I want to start collecting SS. (if it's still there when I'm 62-67 haha) Depending on the economic as well as finacial conditions at those yrs will determine wether I will take a hit and collect at 62 or wait it out for more money at 65-67 yrs.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm only 48 and I've already decided I'm taking my SS as soon as I can. I think (hope) that will still be 62. My Dad retired @ 58 and he is now 68 and started collecting at 62 and he's glad he did.. You just don't know what's going to happen, so might as well get something now.

He did really well with his career and investments, but anyone that is retired is on a 'fixed' income, no matter what and it's all gonna take it's toll.

I actually don't think I'll ever be able to retire like my Dad... I'll probably be that 'greeter' at Walmart or asking you if you want to 'Supersize that' when I'm in my 70's... I'm doing well in my career and income now, but in 15 years, what's it gonna be like?

Mitch

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 03:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just filled up my Honda Car which gets 30 mpg around town and it cost me $5.00
more to fill it up for the same distance driven one month ago today. I will hate to fill my F250 {38 gallons} and a lot less mpg when we leave Yuma in a little more than a month

samsontdog

rstanek

Holmen, Wis.

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will still camp, we are going to stay closer to home. I am a self-employed building contractor, and building sucks right now, but my wife and I have been blessed with enough work to survive. Hang in there everyone and don't give up what you enjoy. We are all in the same boat...

2007 Eagle 322FKS
2008 Chev Silverado 6.0 4:10

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

I just filled up my Honda Car which gets 30 mpg around town and it cost me $5.00
more to fill it up for the same distance driven one month ago today. I will hate to fill my F250 {38 gallons} and a lot less mpg when we leave Yuma in a little more than a month

?? Why did you even go to the gas station for a little over a gallon of gas??

I hope that was a typo..

Did you mean $50?

That would be only about 13 gallons of gas at my corner Shell station (3.99/gal)

Mitch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Gas/diesel prices getting scary...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS