RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping World's shotty AC install.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping World's shotty AC install.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 05:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very glad to hear this. Good luck!

Trip Pics

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben ~
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 05:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am happy to hear it, the ceo has the power to make it good, I have looked up his past post and he may be doing the best he can with the cards he is dealt, Great I look forward to a positive update. Good luck, will

Bucky Badger

Madison, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you are on your way.....What kind of camper are you getting

Fred & Jodie, dogs, Zoey, Mika and Emma

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very glad to hear that a company as large as Camping World is stepping up and doing what is right....... what ever that is

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k on a picture frame.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh, Sailun S637, Ground Control

Bear25314

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The moderator has allowed this thread to be reopened for the time being. We are looking to get this settled as soon as possible. Who knew that simply buying an additional AC and having it installed would turn into such a mess. We are hoping to get this resolved and moving on. Wish is luck..... And, thanks again everybody for your kind words and support. It REALLY means alot.

* This post was edited 03/06/12 07:11am by Bear25314 *

beemerphile1

I'm 59, I'm not a

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bear25314 wrote:

...I know it's just a camper...

It's not "just" a camper, it's your camper!

I hope the situation is resolved to your satisfaction. It appears to be heading that way.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it..."
Judge Learned Hand

2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900/1998 Ford E150 4.6L = 8MPG
2009 Aliner Sport/2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L = 22MPG

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, Please.

It is going on 9 days now since the original post. And the OP still doesn’t have his unit back and repaired. It took the folks at the CW in Texas only one day to botch what should have been a simple…yes SIMPLE repair.

I must say that I bought my first TT almost a year ago from the CW in Chattanooga. The purchase process was a pleasant experience and the follow up I received as well. I was able to call the salesman on several occasions to ask questions concerning the unit and was treated in a professional manner. I have since purchased items from CW over the internet and at S&B stores in Knoxville and Spartanburg….a 90 minute drive from my home near Asheville to either. I have always been treated professionally and found the items I needed. Further, I am glad to see CW opening a store in the Asheville area. That having been said returning a defective or unsatisfactory product is simpler and less traumatic than having your property terribly damaged in the process of having improvements made.

Apparently the folks in Texas don’t have any fear of the CEO or this would have already been resolvedthe unit repaired and back in the OP's possession. While I applaud Mr. Lemonis’s posts –actions speak louder than words. Whatever else is going on in that shop in Texas…the shops most experienced and qualified technician should have been placed in charge of the repair…right after the Store Manager, Service Manager and technician were terminated. I must believe that an organization as large as CW would have some qualified personnel they could send in to get the Katy store in shape. In light of the current economic and employment situation I cannot believe that there are not a number of highly qualified and competent RV technicians looking for work. With all the moaning and groaning we read in posts on here about the poor quality of work coming out of CW shops, not all are true and not all are false. But one thing is certain, CW as an organization has a problem with the perceived quality of their repair facilities. CW absolutely needs a group dedicated to inspection and verification of the performance of their repair shops to improve the quality and the quality assurance and restore confidence in thier organization.

As a retired Army officer with 29 years of service in the field of logistics I can guarantee that there are highly qualified folks all over this forum , (Army –Navy-Air Force-Marines and Coast Guard) who could put the CW repair shops on top of the rest of the industry in short order and bring only accolades to CW in the future. These are the highly qualified enlisted folks with the skills that keep our aircraft up, our submarines down and our ships afloat.

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LTCLarry, I have to agree with you. If it's taking this long for the company CEO to resolve this LEGITIMATE complaint, just imagine how long this would have gone on WITHOUT the intervention of the CEO. And more importantly, how much MORE of this goes on, as a matter of routine, when people just can't seem to "get his ear"?

Bear25314

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Again, the CEO did step up and take control. The company has made an offer to resolve this. I hope to meet with the General Manager in Katy to discuss the offer. There are still many variables that need to be discussed before settling this. I am hopeful with the CEO and General Manager that Camping World will make this right in the end. What's done is done. I'm ready to give them that chance.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear! please let us know the final outcome once everything is done, down to the letter!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 13yrs
Daughter Marissa 12yrs
Dog Bailey

07 Cherokee 32B
02 Excursion 4X4 V-10 4.30 gear 5Star tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar
Reese DualCam, Prodigy brake controller

A bad day of camping is
better than a good day at work!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next