RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping World's shotty AC install.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping World's shotty AC install.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

boondockdad wrote:

Second getting manufacturer involved.
That lightweight metal roof joist/OSB panel construction roof is designed for uniform loads.
A point load, like your A/C, on top of a severed joists is asking for big trouble.

At minimum, adjacent joists should be doubled up, A/C opening double framed, and spanned.

Wow. Really poor. It's obvious they don't have the necessary skill sets in their shop.
IMHO "making it right" would be picking up the bill for the manufacturer to re-engineer, and rebuild it.

At this point...the only way I can see them "making things right" would be to replace the trailer. The one they butchered should be destroyed.

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with 3 nutty cats
My beloved St. Bernard, Marm, lost him 1/2/12
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Bear25314

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I've been promised that I will be taken care of. (actually, I thought I would be when I HIRED them to do this job). So far it hasnt been by the Katy store. Oh, and shortly after the service manager finishes jumping up and down on my trailer, I go back into the store to leave my keys to find him and the General Manager of Camping World sharing a good laugh. Not 2 mins after the fact! Must have been real funny to them......

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bear25314 wrote:

Well, I've been promised that I will be taken care of. (actually, I thought I would be when I HIRED them to do this job). So far it hasnt been by the Katy store. Oh, and shortly after the service manager finishes jumping up and down on my trailer, I go back into the store to leave my keys to find him and the General Manager of Camping World sharing a good laugh. Not 2 mins after the fact! Must have been real funny to them......

There is something that doesn't compute for me. The Service Manager and the General Manager know Marcus Lemonis is involved in this. Their reported actions don't reflect that. I'm confused.

Bear25314

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. I even brought that up to the service manager. I told him that Mr. Lemonis asks that I keep him updated. The service manager replied back, "that's fine" with a big grin. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I say if they dont belive it, that Mr. Lemonis just needs to ask for a copy of the security camera outside there service park for that day and time and he can watch his Servoce Manager jumping up and down on my trailer while we are all inside it.

Luke Porter

National Director

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe there is something in the culture of Camping World that is going to be really hard to change. I admire what Mr Lemonis has tried to do. But it seems the folks in the field don't really care that the CEO is watching this.

Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bear25314 wrote:

I agree. I even brought that up to the service manager. I told him that Mr. Lemonis asks that I keep him updated. The service manager replied back, "that's fine" with a big grin. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I say if they dont belive it, that Mr. Lemonis just needs to ask for a copy of the security camera outside there service park for that day and time and he can watch his Servoce Manager jumping up and down on my trailer while we are all inside it.

There is something going on here that is very troubling. It appears they have no concern or worry about the fact that Marcus is involved. That does not compute unless .....????

Bear25314

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't know the history of this company. I just thought that if I went with such a big reputable (?) company I would get a quality job in the end. Whatever there culture or internal problems are, I shouldn't have to deal with them. I got the impression from the service manager that he could really care less that Mr. Lemonis wanted to know how this was going. He just gave me a condescending grin when I talked to him about it. He seemed pretty sure of himself and how he was talking/treating me. I get the impression I'm not the first customer he has spoke to this way. Whatever. Just do our job dude. I have better things to do than have to fight with an RV store. Mind you, it's over an hour drive one way when I go there.

traxtermax

UPSTATE NEW YORK

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bear25314 wrote:

... I say if they dont belive it, that Mr. Lemonis just needs to ask for a copy of the security camera outside there service park for that day and time and he can watch his Servoce Manager jumping up and down on my trailer while we are all inside it.

I wouldn't doubt that any "helpful" video has dissappeared since they know Marcus is involved. If they knew prior to that, the "roof jumping incident" was doubly stupid; plus, you don't know what Marcus said to them, hence the grin. Then again, maybe Marcus hasn't contacted them at this point.

At this point, how much money is at stake?

mlemonis

lincolnshire, IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the unit is not repaired it WILL be replaced

Please send me an email about what you saw there
I'm not happy about what I'm reading

Marcus Lemonis
Chairman and CEO FreedomRoads, Camping World and RVs.com

genesimmons

n.c.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

should have had a smartphone on video mode when they were jumping on your rv and voice record when the managers were laughing at you

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping World's shotty AC install.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS