|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Geo Strait Concert in Kansas City Mo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our GS got Geo Strait concert tickets from his GF for Christmas & they traveled about 350 miles with her parents to the event yesterday. Geo. came on stage, sang 2 songs & then said he was leaving because he was sick. Concert would be re-scheduled for next week. They aren't able to return in a week. Wasted money for gas, motel, tickets. This girl works hard for her money. I feel so bad for them & all the other disappointed people in this situation.

anaro

Mebane, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel your pain. When I was in college at U of DE, I had a boyfriend living in TN. He drove up to see me and we were supposed to see Alabama in concert. They cancelled last minute and refunded the ticket prices. No real explanation. We were furious.

2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL
Reese Dual Cam

2 nights camped in 2014!
21 nights camped in 2013!
21 nights camped in 2012!
27 nights camped in 2011!

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of life's little bumps.......I hope they enjoyed the trip, traveling, being together........you know the adventure.

I doubt George Strait got sick on purpose. Although they have rescheduled did anyone check about refund?

NorthernLimits

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 09:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well...I don't know what is worse, going and then having it cancelled or going and having the headliner still perform the concert even though it sucks because the singer is sick.

We sat through a awful Kenny Rogers concert last year. He was sick...looked dead...and still did the show. It was the total suck and when we asked for our money back we were declined.

barbandwayne

Eastern Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NorthrenLimits, I think Kenny has lost it. His voice isn't what it used to be. Of course with age, his voice is going to change but his is reallybad. And I'm not going to talk about his plastic surgery.

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some go through stages. Sometimes they recover. I'd get my money back.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

NorthernLimits

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 09:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

barbandwayne wrote:

NorthrenLimits, I think Kenny has lost it. His voice isn't what it used to be. Of course with age, his voice is going to change but his is reallybad. And I'm not going to talk about his plastic surgery.

It was the worst. There was a stool on the left of the stage and one on the right. He sung one song from one stool, then between songs we had to watch him hobble to the other stool and sit down and then do the next song. Then off to the other stool for the next song. Would have gotten to the stool faster if he would have had a hoverround or whatever they are called. LOL

Doug4.7

Hartselle, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to see a rock star I've been following for 30+ years in Atlanta last year. Never had the chance to see him in concert before. Either he didn't get near my location or I could not attend due to other commitments (like family or work). So I was really looking forward to this show. I even paid for backstage & "Meet & Greet" tickets (Hey, I work hard, I could afford it). Come time of the show and the M&G, we (me & the others who paid for the VIP package) find out he has totally lost his voice and the doctor in Atlanta said if he did any talking, he could do permanent damage to his voice. On his blog after the non-show, he said that was the first show in 40 years he ever had to cancel. Due to the rest of his US tour schedule, he couldn't re-schedule the Atlanta show. He actually came out and signed DVDs, records, stood for pictures, etc. and did apologize to us (and it hurt hearing him talk/croak, his voice was really gone and you could tell he really needed to get some rest), but I didn't get to see him in concert. I got my money back, but still... he doesn't tour the US that often and it was a perfect location and time (I could take off from work, drive the 3 hours, spend the night in a hotel, get back to work the next day). It was a major disappointment. So I feel for your GS.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There comes a time when entertainers should face the music and hang it up. They're better off letting their fans remember them as they were. No way am I laying out money to pump up their ego.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Geo Strait Concert in Kansas City Mo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS