|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Internet Set Up for Full Timers Who Work on the Web

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
SidKaye

Mt Dora Florida, Montreal QC for the Summer

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you will be in Clear 4G coverage areas, they offer unlimited no contract service for about $60 a month. I currently average about 50 GB per month. Download speed 3.5 to 5 GB and upload about 1Gb. Also works great for Skype which can save $$$ on phone calls in and out. great also for streaming video and when you have enough fun it will also perform well for any business you wish to do.
Depending on which device you get, it will serve 5 or 8 devices. Also works in motion on the road. I have their Clear Spot 4G Plus Mifi which does 3G and 4G, but is no longer available. I think there may be some in the secondary market. If so, you could contact clear and inquire about them activating it. then you will have coverage everywhere. The 3G does have a 5GB Cap.

Sidney

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT,48RE, 4:10,Cummins HO Diesel,Quad Cab,LWB,SRW,PacBrake,Prodigy, X-Monitor Gauges,Line-X,Bedsaver

2002 Excel,Ltd,30RGW,Hughes Autoformer,Honda Eu1000i, ClearSpot 4G+,

http://www.kayepics.com

TheCG

Kingwood

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidKaye wrote:

If you will be in Clear 4G coverage areas, they offer unlimited no contract service for about $60 a month. I currently average about 50 GB per month. Download speed 3.5 to 5 GB and upload about 1Gb. Also works great for Skype which can save $$$ on phone calls in and out. great also for streaming video and when you have enough fun it will also perform well for any business you wish to do.
Depending on which device you get, it will serve 5 or 8 devices. Also works in motion on the road. I have their Clear Spot 4G Plus Mifi which does 3G and 4G, but is no longer available. I think there may be some in the secondary market. If so, you could contact clear and inquire about them activating it. then you will have coverage everywhere. The 3G does have a 5GB Cap.

Sidney

That sounds awesome but we will be all over the country so I know we will be in some areas that won't work. :-(

It looks like Millenicom has better coverage.

nbargolf

St Augustine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/12 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Millenicom will only work if you can get cell service. We are one of the fortunate that is grandfathered in on unlimited data through Verizon. If we can get 3g cell everything works great. We are full timers that host State parks in Texas and New Mexico and either has 3g service so we need satellite internet. We are looking into Hughes net but it looks like they don’t want to sell anything but permanent locations. How do you get Hughes net mobile setup? Any help will greatly appreciated.

rvarner

Pahrump, NV, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 07:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidKaye wrote:

I Just checked with Clear and they will not activate any new Mifi devices with 3G. 4G only, so definitely will not work for you.

Sidney

What network does Clear Spot use??
Thanks
Richard

2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD/2012 K1500 Silverado/DEMCO Xcali-bar/Ready Brake/VMSPC/FMCA 394912/SKPs 115085

SidKaye

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TheCG wrote:

SidKaye wrote:

Sidney

That sounds awesome but we will be all over the country so I know we will be in some areas that won't work. :-(

It looks like Millenicom has better coverage.

There are several of the Clear Spot 4G+ for sale on ebay. The 4G+ will work virtually anywhere you have cellular coverage on 3G with a 5GB cap, and anywhere you have 4G coverage, unlimited. Millenicom does not have better 4G coverage and doubtful they have better 3G coverage.
I have used ours traveling from Quebec Canada to Orlando Florida. We had virtually continuous service on the road switching automatically between 4G when available and 3G when 4G was not available. There was a few no Signal spots primarily in the mtns of NY and PA.

Sidney

SidKaye

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I Just checked with Clear and they will not activate any new Mifi devices with 3G. 4G only, so definitely will not work for you.

Sidney

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Internet Set Up for Full Timers Who Work on the Web
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS