RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Does anybody enjoy shooting (sports) while on the road?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Does anybody enjoy shooting (sports) while on the road?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
md2lgyk

WV

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ljr wrote:

Its been awhile but I initially got into RVing because I was traveling around the country competing in conventional pistol 2700's and I wanted to take my dog along. Most ranges had lots of room and some had fully equipped campgrounds so I stayed there.

My wife and I used to do the same thing back in the early 1990s. She was a competitor then too. Got my Expert card is 1993 or so. Now, at almost 65, I realize I've already been as good as I'll ever be so I compete just for fun and not as often. I've never sought out a range during our travels but have checked out a few gun shops.

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MAU MAU wrote:

As a Class 3 collector myself, transporting them is quite easy.

With form 5320, I state that I want to transport it from New Hampshire to Miami to Los Angeles to New Hampshire. They send it back stamped and approved.

With this, you can carry that Class 3 firearm through any state en-route to the above approved destinations. There is no need to list each individual state that you will be passing through. And if I want to zig-zag all over the country to get to my next destination, it is perfectly legal.

Thanks for the info, I have never traveled out of state with my full autos. I was planning on bringing them to AZ when I visit a childhood friend at the end of the summer. How far in advance do I need to fill out the 5320 to have it on time.

Also how far can you zig zag. A friend in VA asked if if I could bring my guns the next time I stop by in VA. But I usually only stop by if I driving to NY. Can I legally zig zag from SC to NY on my way to VA?

* This post was edited 03/03/12 07:03pm by an administrator/moderator *

2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

MAU MAU

New Hampshire and Maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would mail the 5320 asap as it may take a while, but if you do it soon you should be fine for your trip. Just make sure you fill out a 5320 for EACH unit.

They have to authorize you to transport them, but they can not tell you how to get them from point A to point B.

Roadtrek 170 Popular

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you

traxtermax

UPSTATE NEW YORK

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/12 04:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MAU MAU wrote:

I would mail the 5320 asap as it may take a while, but if you do it soon you should be fine for your trip. Just make sure you fill out a 5320 for EACH unit.

They have to authorize you to transport them, but they can not tell you how to get them from point A to point B.

Would that form allow you to shoot full autos in states that prohibit their ownership (assuming you aren't a resident of that state)?

As I understand your post, it's for transport only--it sounds a little like the law that allows interstate movement of guns "directly" from point A to B without interference from state or local authorities but I can't remember the name off hand--maybe the Mclour-Volkert (sp.)Act or something.

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/12 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will they let us shoot Sports? Don't think they would like it much.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Does anybody enjoy shooting (sports) while on the road?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS