|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Decent Motel in Williamsburg, VA area

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jspringator

Versailles, KY 40383

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm planning a convertible trip with my 10 year old this summer. One of the stops will be Williamsburg. Anyone know if a decent Motel (inexpensive but clean in a good area) in the area? A little drive will be OK because we plan on doing Jamestown the same day.

Jim & Sherri
05 Jayco Eagle 308 FBS, Dual Cam
2001 Ford Excursion 4.30 LSD,V-10,2WD,RAS,5-Star tuner
Honda EU2000 & EU1000 gensets;
2000 watt Tripp-Lite inverter/charger APS 2012
Saturn SD365 inflatable, 15 hp 2 stroke Yamaha
"Scout" Springer Spaniel

Linda VA2

Madison, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did this for the Christmas season several years ago. I did a search for hotels and we got a nice one, maybe a Comfort Inn for $35 a night. It had a very nice room and was not far from the historical area. It is one of our favorite places in this state. While there, take in Yorktown as well.

kevinbti

st louis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 06:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Comfort inn or the holiday inn Not bad i guess price is relative When i travel with my daughter I rather pay an extra 20 or 30 more for a better end hotel

Kevin Tierney

Kentucky_Joe

Fort Thomas, KY USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmm ... when we were there 32 years ago on our honeymoon, we stayed in an Econo Lodge. The price was $13.00 a night and you had to share a bathroom with others in the hotel. Geeze, things have changed!!

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I travel a lot with the company I work for and stay in a lot of motels. I have found that google maps works well for me. I put in hotels near so and so and it comes out with the price and reviews. I just checked and if I were going to book I would try the La Quinta Inn & Suites Williamsburg
814 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 It got some great ratings for $59 dollars a night

Our Road Less Traveled

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 10:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is not going to be much cheap in Williamsburg in the summer. There are A LOT of hotel/motels. There is Motel 6 and a Super 8 which most likely will be the least expensive. I can not say anything about cleanliness. The areas they are in are fine. The Super 8 is right outside the restoration. We we stayed in this area in motels, we were staying at Hampton Inn - and there are several of those in the area. Williamsburg and Jamestown are very close to each other so there will not be much difference between the two in motel pricing.

Also - if you are bothering to make the trip don't try to do it all in one day. You will really see nothing. Colonial Williamsburg needs three days and Jamestown - the National Park actual site takes a half day or the Jamestown Settlement (living history) takes a day. A ten year old needs some time to take it all in and understand what it is all about. Both of you will enjoy it!

Take a look at my site linked below in September and October to read all about Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Decent Motel in Williamsburg, VA area
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS