|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> HENSLEY OR PROPRIDE

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which one do you have and are you happy with it. I will be purchasing one or the other but would like some input. They both seem very similar and priced about the same. thanks in advance will

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I personally do not own either one. However I have done a ton of research for the day that I find a sweet deal on a used one.

There are minor differences between the, but for the most part they are Almost the same thing. They are very similar.

The ProPride has IMHO more robust jacks for the wd arms, and the propride has an adjustable stinger. Whereas the Hensley has a solidly welded stinger and you have to exchange the stinger of you need a different rise or drop in the stinger. Some see the solid stinger as superior. Some see the adjustable stinger as superior.

Sean at ProPride claims that his hitch is easier to hitch up. He also has outstanding customer service. To the point where it would not surprise me if he personally responded to this thread.

The Hensley must have an emergency kit I case some fuse parts break in certain rare circumstances. The ProPride is supposed to have eliminated this issue.

Of I were buying new I would buy the ProPride based on customer service from Sean. however the Hensley is by no means a slouch and I have heard excellent things about their customer service as well.

I have yet to see a ProPride on the used market so if you are looking used Then the Hensley is much more available.

Thanks

Jeremiah

Tent: Ozark Trails Cabin Tent (circa 1993)
Pack Mule: 2013 Kia Sorento

"It's Kind of Fun To Do The Impossible"
~Walt Disney~

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hensley has a payment plan over 12 monthly payments, but I can not find anything about propride haveing anything like that so far.

stripit

Casa Grande, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a Hensley and loved it, got a friend to buy the Pro-Pride, and he loves it. I think if I ever get a different trailer, I will look to buy the PP. Sean is great and really takes care of his customers, not that Hensley doesn't but that is what I think I will do.

Stacey Frank
'04 Mobile Suites 36 TK3 #1341
'99 Int'l 4700 Lo Pro MDT
'08 Lexus 400H

moorer2

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the ProPride yesterday. I have a neighbor that bought a used Hensley after he had an accident that totaled his TT and TV. He loves the Hensley. I just bought a longer/heavier TT so I wanted the best hitch available. After much research, I chose the ProPride.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a used Hensley. Went thru it. Built like a rock. Haven't used it yet, heck haven't even hooked it up to the truck. I did mount it to the front of the TT. I do like the fact theres nothing to disasemble while hooking and unhooking.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are both very similar. I used a Hensley with my old TT. It is a great contraption. The stinger is one of the bigger differences. While the adjustable stinger is nice. I believe it is much heavier than the already heavy HA solid stinger. Since you need to handle the stinger each trip I prefer to lug the lighter one. Once you have your TV initially set up there is no need to adjust the stinger again. So there is no need for the added weight of the adjustable feature. I imagine if you change TV's often the adjustable feature maybe worthwhile.
If I were shopping now,I would go with the best price. 12 months no interest does make the HA easier to swallow. However I think the PP maybe a bit cheaper. I am not up to speed on current prices. Either way you can't go wrong

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,Killerbee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags w/compressor,Garmin RV760
Arvika pin box bike rack,Bak Flip G2 cover
5500 Onan LP,EMS-HW-50
14'Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube 2000,Splendide WD

TPLynch

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought and installed a refurbished Hensley. Installation was easy and it tows my TH like a dream. From what I understand, they both use the same engineering concepts so you can't go wrong with either. If Hensley is the only one that offers the payment plan, I'd go that route.

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L PSD
2009 Jayco Octane ZX 26Y
Hensley Arrow

Ogordont

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I understand they were both designed by the same guy. The PP is just the Hensley with improvements in its design. I installed the PP in 2010 and love it. Hooking up is not a problem.

Gordon--Arctic Fox 30U-2010--ProPride Hitch--Prodigy.
Ret.Navy(22yrs)Capt./Aviator--Civ.Atty.(28yrs).
F-350,03Diesel 4X4-SB-CC-SRW.
Collect old camping/Mil.stoves.--Infinium Metal Loc.--Rockhound.
Corvallis, Oregon--GO BEAVERS!!

Wills250psd

walnutcove NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I am guessing that all you happy campers are not haveing any sway issues because that is my main concern.will

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> HENSLEY OR PROPRIDE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS