RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Bullying

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
vladen

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 09/11/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/27/12 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thinking ,, ,what was the harm of this "volunteer" volunteering to help her unload it if he was in a big yank to get it?


Vlad's busy workings

All hope is gone



JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/27/12 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vladen wrote:

Thinking ,, ,what was the harm of this "volunteer" volunteering to help her unload it if he was in a big yank to get it?


Based on Francesca's interpretation, and I think she has interpreted it correctly as when I read it back it sounds like that is what happened, is that the husband had it, and it was not there when the employee needed it.

silvercorvette

Anderson SC

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/27/12 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems like there is a lot of missing information and it is hard to have an opinion with the facts provided. Information like where and how far was was te trailer taken, ow long was it being used.

The most confusing thing to me is how to you have so much trash when you arrive at a camp site that you need a trailer to haul it?


2010 Dodge 409 CI diesel long bed dually crew cab B&W hitch, 95 Gallon Auxiliary Transfer Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER , Central vac, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, Rotochoks, TST Tire monitor.

FunnyCamper

Southeastern

Senior Member

Joined: 09/29/2011

View Profile



Posted: 02/27/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I personally would have yelled back louder if I was treated that way.

I am sorry it upset your wife. that just stinks.

I would have to hold my hubby back from killing this guy. I could not even tell my hubby that story for fear he would end up in jail. I would have to tone down the incident on behalf of saving that mans life.

If I was you....I would feel like I would want to ring his neck.

BUT I would give him a good yelling into his face, then walk away.
leave the park but be sure this idiot who was in your wife's face knows that it wasn't appropriate to attack a woman. Cause anything like this is 'an attack'. Men yelling at women is not cool in any way. It scares women seriously.

I have to say chalk it up to a bad azz experience for this park, for your wife and a vacation kinda ruined. sometimes it happens. don't dwell cause truly there is good kind people out there. you happen to hit the loser barrel!

vladen

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 09/11/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/27/12 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JayWalker2009 wrote:

vladen wrote:

Thinking ,, ,what was the harm of this "volunteer" volunteering to help her unload it if he was in a big yank to get it?


Based on Francesca's interpretation, and I think she has interpreted it correctly as when I read it back it sounds like that is what happened, is that the husband had it, and it was not there when the employee needed it.


Even if your interpretation is correct , and I dont see it that way myself.... "Thats no way to treat a Lady"

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

Senior Member

Joined: 02/23/2011

View Profile



Posted: 02/27/12 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vladen wrote:

Francesca Knowles wrote:

Komfort 23TS wrote:

My wife and I had ask to use the RV parks trailer. I had left the park and she was unloading the trailer when one of the parks volinteer(spelling) staff came up to her and asked if I was in the park, she said no. He then started to yell at her saying that he wanted the trailer "right now" and to unload it "now" and then left when I got there she was in crying and trying to unload the trailer. She was a out of it. The park management did nothing and supported the volinteer staff member. How would you feel if that was your wife?

I can't help but wonder why you borrowed the shared-use trailer and then left the park-?
In my experience with a borrowed freebie like that, it's expected that it'll be returned in short order so it's there for the next person that needs it.

Seems odd that the employee would come looking for it without a reason... Is it possible that somebody ELSE was waiting to use the trailer and asked where it was? That could explain both his irritation and the management support of him.


Yea well that was between the OP and the volunteer it aint about finding some one weeker than you to take out your sick perverted frustrations on. In whatever case it's no way to treat a customer.

It wasn't between the volunteer and the O.P.- he'd "left the park while his wife unloaded trash".

I understand that the O.P. came back and found his wife upset, but the description of the volunteer's reaction on finding him gone and the trailer unreturned and full of trash doesn't rise to the level of "bullying" as far as I can see.


" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

JayWalker2009

I'm not really a

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/27/12 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, since I am female I can say this, I know some women that get upset way too easy. You can't go around stomping people if people get shaken up over just being spoken to by a gruff maintenance guy. All he said was that he shouted he wanted the trailer "right now" and to unload it "now" and then left. That hardly constitutes bullying or abuse. Really? That shout was abuse and assault? He didn't hit her, doesn't sound like he poked her in the face or anything, just demanded they bring the trailer back. When the guy at the convenience store yelled at me for dumping a bag of trash in the store dumpster, it surely didn't make me cry. I couldn't see making a scene and saying I was bullied.

Man, people are mighty sensitive. Surely the guy was rude, but I see no assault or any reason to clock the guy in the mouth.

vladen

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 09/11/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/27/12 09:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Francesca Knowles wrote:

vladen wrote:

Francesca Knowles wrote:

Komfort 23TS wrote:

My wife and I had ask to use the RV parks trailer. I had left the park and she was unloading the trailer when one of the parks volinteer(spelling) staff came up to her and asked if I was in the park, she said no. He then started to yell at her saying that he wanted the trailer "right now" and to unload it "now" and then left when I got there she was in crying and trying to unload the trailer. She was a out of it. The park management did nothing and supported the volinteer staff member. How would you feel if that was your wife?

I can't help but wonder why you borrowed the shared-use trailer and then left the park-?
In my experience with a borrowed freebie like that, it's expected that it'll be returned in short order so it's there for the next person that needs it.

Seems odd that the employee would come looking for it without a reason... Is it possible that somebody ELSE was waiting to use the trailer and asked where it was? That could explain both his irritation and the management support of him.


Yea well that was between the OP and the volunteer it aint about finding some one weeker than you to take out your sick perverted frustrations on. In whatever case it's no way to treat a customer.

It wasn't between the volunteer and the O.P.- he'd "left the park while his wife unloaded trash".

I understand that the O.P. came back and found his wife upset, but the description of the volunteer's reaction on finding him gone and the trailer unreturned and full of trash doesn't rise to the level of "bullying" as far as I can see.


No its more like bordering on assault if not so, depending on the jurisdiction.

vladen

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 09/11/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/27/12 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assualt ,,, battery theres a difference.

RVUSA

Orlando, FL, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/04/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/27/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like the OP is intimidated. I dont actually know anyone that would let someone "bully" their wife and not confront them over it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS