|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Dinghy and RV Insurance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Peterrrrr

Ottawa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My insurance broker switched the insurance company that insured my cars. Previously I had two cars and my motor home with one Insurance Company. The broker now has my cars with one company that does not insure motor homes. So the RV is now insured with another company. I tow one of the cars with my RV. So, before when my RV and dinghy were insured with the same company, if I had an accident there is only one company to notify. Now if I am in an accident while I am towing the dinghy and there is damage to the dinghy only, which insurance company would I have to contact? I wonder this as I sometimes tow a utility trailer with one of my cars and the trailer is covered by the tow vehicle. NOT that I plan on having an accident, but wondering what others would do? Would I be further ahead to look for the same company that would insure both my RV and cars. Do other people on the forum also have separate insurance companies for their RVs and toads? Looking forward to responses.

Ka Ron

Kelowna

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 06:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those of us the live in BC we have all vehicles insured by the government insurance company, but I would think in answer to your questions if the damage is to the toad, then that would be the company you contact.

Join Us For A Trip Down The RV Highway

Popsie

Livingston, TX, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To cover all your bases, you should notify both companies. Let them sort out who might have to pay for what. Insurance companies do that all the time.

I'm wondering, did your broker switch insurance coverages to somehow benefit you, or did your broker switch to get a bigger commission? (Insurance salespersons usually get the biggest commission for bringing in a new customer, and less for a renewal.)

Peterrrrr

Ottawa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Popsie. From what they told me it is the brokerage themselves just not doing business with the one Insurance company any longer. They have mentioned to me though that they are also looking after a benefit to me. I still do not have numbers from them for the RV, so I am not sure if I have any benefit. I am waiting for the RV costs to see. I may just go down the road to another broker who still deals with the original company that had insured the 3 vehicles.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> Dinghy and RV Insurance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS