|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> camping world

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
hottubkid

SCHAUMBURG,IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With all the people having problems with Camping World, why do people deal with them?????

hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

SWD

Land of Living Skies

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some people have good experiences with CW others have bad ones. I guess, as the saying goes, "caveat emptor".

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hottubkid wrote:

With all the people having problems with Camping World, why do people deal with them?????

who,s all the people? I have not heard of many and most all of the ones I have heard from its pretty much a petty issue mostly caused by opossing personalitys

RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This can happen with any dealer not just CW. That is why it is very important to have some mechanical knowledge on what you are buying, and if you don't know anything about an engine, you should hire a person that can analyze every mechanical part of the chassis to see if it is worn out or if it is in good condition. That is the problem when you buy used especially a coach that is already fourteen years old. Things start to wear out.
I feel for these people that get caught in such situations, but it happens all the time. Very few companies will fix anything if the warranty has expired. There are a few great companies like Fantastic fans, Blue Ox and Brake Buddy which at times have repaired their products even after warranty has expired, but not many more.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe not everyone has a problem with CW. And, maybe it's not all Camping World locations that are a problem.
I have never been to a Camping World. If I'm ever near one I'll probably stop and see for myself if there is a problem.
Don't forget, we normally don't post on the forum when we have a good experience getting fuel, buying tires, grocery shopping etc..
But, when we have a bad experience we like to tell everyone.

garry1p

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's kind of subjective.

How many people are "all" having problems with Camping World???

I have never had a problem with them and most people that don't have a problem don't complain or comment one way or another.

On the other hand people that have problems are always ready to complain and some are justified. You read about problems but I suspect they are in the minority of Camping World shoppers.

Have you ever shopped at Camping World???

Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

capndan771

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree that not all Camping World locations are the same in quality and service just like not all McDonalds or Burger Kings are equally as good. Personally, I have interacted with one Camping World in Michigan that I found far from satisfactory for a number of reasons but now live near one that couldn't offer better service in all respects. Maybe we should all get in the habit of posting good experiences as often as we post bad. It is like the adage my grandmother used to promote. If someone does good to you, you will likely tell one other. If they do bad to you, you will likely tell 10!

RognBon

Roseville, Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used the local CW in Rocklin, CA many times in the past 15 years for shopping, repairs, installation, etc and have never had a problem. The nature of any forum is that you frequently read about negative experiences, but seldom read about positive ones. That's why I read and post frequently to rvservicereviews.com to let others know of a positive or negative experience that I have had.

RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

afraid of bears

Prince George Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My father's business had a sign by the door; "If our service was good, tell others. If our service was not good, tell us."

Around here, we seem to do the opposite. Instead of telling a business about percieved poor service, we tell everyone else. Then, we forget to tell others when we get good service.

So, on that note, I enjoyed shopping in the Camping World outlet on I5 around Seattle. Staff was very helpful. Mind you, I wasn't buying anything big or having any service done.

wolvereeny

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never had service done there,but every time I go there to shop the service area has units lined up so somebody must like them. Their staff has always been very helpful in helping with the items I need to make my own repairs, or just assisting us with our shopping. I have bought several items there that I have not seen in other RV stores.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> camping world
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS