|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Buying an RV -To buy or not to buy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mlslcan

Home

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnwalkerpa1 wrote:

sgtks84 wrote:

I have seen several older Class C's between 1994-1999 for between 15,000 and 25,000. ..

One quick suggestion....unless it is something really special, please don't pay up to 25K for a class C in the 94-99 age range. Something from those years should be in the 10-15K range for the average C. You should be able to get in the 2000-2004 range for $25,000. I am not saying some are not *asking* those prices, just that few (at least around here) are selling that high....

+1

I think some diligent shopping would allow you to find a good quality used coach that you could pay off is a few years compared to 10 to 15 years. There are good deals at pplmotorhomes. You might even save enough to pay for the trip there to look at several before buying.

Mike

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What would they have done? They would have done exactly what the guy in the next bed, with NOTHING to his name did........ Let Medicare pay! If anyone has spent 10min visiting someone in a nursing home, you would see immediately that $10,000/month for the services rendered is 100% thievery.

michelb wrote:

Some might argue that they should have enjoyed life more when younger instead of trying to build the nest-egg but what would they have done during those final years if they didn't have the $10k/month to spend ...

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2003 Monaco Executive M43 DS2

newk

Gillette, WY

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No way would I get into a 10-15 loan on any kind of toy. Get what you can afford with cash or, at worst, something that you can easily pay off in a couple years. Your family can have fun with a tent trailer. Travel trailers or 5ers offer just as much comfort as MHs at a fraction of the cost involved. Put a pencil to this and don't spend money that you don't have.

CamperWill

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree with avoiding long loan terms, unless you can pay it off quicker. Find out the interest you'll be paying and go from there.

We went with a 12 year loan on our new TT to give us a lower payment in the event something does go wrong financially, we plan to have it paid in 8 years.

Does the class C give enough room for the growing family?
Does the family enjoy camping?
Can those house projects wait?

In our case we work during the week and camp during the weekend, so we rarely have time to notice that we have home projects, or the time to do them.

If everyone enjoys camping and the MH doesn't stretch the budget, then go for whatever is comfortable. Kids are only young once...

2007 GMC Envoy 4.2L I6
2012 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH
Prodigy P3 & Reese Dual Cam

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Buying an RV -To buy or not to buy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts