|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Craft Beer RV Travelers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello! My name is Maria. My other half, Brian, and I have been traveling the US for the past year and a half in our 29' Class C Jayco Designer. We are young professionals, that work part-time on the road (and live full-time, as I like to say) doing graphic design, web design and business consulting. When we first started our trip, we thought we would RV around for 6 months, visiting friends and family and exploring many states we had yet to visit. It didn't take us long to realize that this wasn't going to be just a 6 month trip, we knew we wanted a change in our lives, but we never knew this was the final answer! Now when people ask us where we want to end up and we can happily say everywhere!!

Shortly after we started traveling we began to seek out craft breweries as a way to familiarize ourselves with a new area. It became a great way for us to talk to locals, learn about the cool areas we should check out (or avoid!) and of course, enjoying some of the best beer in the nation was quite nice too. A year later we found ourselves celebrating our 1 year nomadaversary alongside our 100th brewery visit!! Since then we have covered 73 more and endless beer bars and excellent restaurants focused on local craft beer selections. We started our website in August of 2011 and have been writing about our brewery visits and people we have met throughout our travels.

If you have yet to seek out a brewery on your RV travels, please do!! I can't say enough great things about the people I've met, both at the bar and behind the bar. Brian likes to joke that it's our visitor center, but it couldn't be more true!! If that's not enough to convince you, maybe this will - we have been known to park at or near the breweries many times on our trip. Forget Walmart, I take a brew and then go straight to bed!

I'm not sure how many people check these forums, but I wanted to introduce myself and hope to hear from other RVers that have sought out great craft beer or are interested in seeking it out. Even if you think you don't like *beer* please realize that Miller Lite and Bud Light is NOT GOOD BEER. Yes, you may find it refreshing, but for those that don't like it, just know there are HUNDREDS of styles out there that may better suit your taste. Like coffee? Well then a porter or stout may be for you!

We hope to hear from you soon!
Safe travels!

Maria Scarpello

* This post was edited 02/28/12 05:56pm by an administrator/moderator *

ricklord2001

Woodstock, Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Maria welcome to the forum! I also like to visit local Breweries when I can. Admittedly haven't done as many as I would like but do intend to visit many as soon as my wife leaves work. We're heading to Breckenridge Co thurs, Mar 1st and supposedly they have a great Micro Brewery there and I can't wait to try it out.

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Rick! Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear you have sought out craft beer on your travels. Breckenridge brewery is great! You will love it there. They really make some good brews!

CapnMorgan

Asheville

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you get a chance to visit Asheville. We are getting a good reputation for beer.
http://www.romanticasheville.com/beer.htm

John and Robin
2000 / Holiday Rambler / Imperial

TheRoamingPint

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah Yes, Capn' we sure do! Plan to stick around Asheville for a while! Should be there this spring and again in the fall. Maybe we can meetup for a pint!

1mtnman

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colorado cities have many local brewerys. Here in loveland we have Grimms Bros and Big Beaver Brewing Co. Ft Collins has one of the very famous Belgium Brewing and of course O'Dells. Great Brews and just no caparison between these brews and what is produced on a mnajor scale.

br549

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in our fifth year of full timing. Sampling beer is what we do. In fact, no beer on tap is usually reason alone to pass up a restaurant and we would usually eat out at a pub anyways. We have only traveled Canada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona and Utah since we sold the house but have discovered many great places to drink beer. We purchased a lot for winter use between Indio and La Quinta, Ca. The area is just great except for craft beers. We prefer porters, stouts and reds and Lamppost Pizza does brew some decent beers but seldom darker beers. In fact, it is hard to find much besides Guiness locally but we somehow get by until we hit San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara on our way north, then things definately pick up.

I think my alltime favorite craft is a vanilla bourbon stout brewed by Coeur d'Alene Brewery, served in their pub and at The Steam Plant Restaurant in Spokane, Wa. Probably not for everyone but I love it. Happy travels!

Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD
1926 Oakland Landau Coupe in Storage

SPRING STREET

LOUISVILLE KY.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CapnMorgan wrote:

Hope you get a chance to visit Asheville. We are getting a good reputation for beer.
http://www.romanticasheville.com/beer.htm

CapnMorgan, plan on coming to Ashville this spring.. any recomendations on a nice campground near town.. Thanks

2005 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4304, FMCA F334596, Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2012 Ford Edge with the Eco Boost Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster All-Terrain Tow Bar and Base Plates.

ricklord2001

Woodstock, Ga

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 07:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just looked at your blog/website VERY NICE JOB! I've bookmarked it for my travels thanks for the effort.
I saw one of your favorites was in Lawrence, Ks looked like it's right off Highway 70. We have a 40' MH is there a place we could stay or at least park the MH to go in for an evening when we're traveling to Colo. Not sure if we'll have the time but would like to try either on the way out or return trip.

Thanks Rick

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 07:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum. If you get to the Pottsville, PA area, visit the Yuengling Brewery. It's America's oldest brewery.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Craft Beer RV Travelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS